I watched as Cindy's facade fell and she slumped into a stool at the breakfast bar. She nodded her head mutely and I didn't like that face she made. I poured her half a glass of scotch and pushed it toward her. She looked at me then the glass, drinking it in one mouthful.

I cringed, "Is it that bad?"

She looked at me and pursed her lips. "He went into cardiac arrest after he read about that vile company and their disgusting CEO-" I wasn't sure she'd think that if she'd seen him. "-Attempted a hostile takeover."

I chewed on my lip. My father was already stressing about letting me take my position as CEO, he was working long hours, longer than usual to ensure that the transition was smooth. Nothing big was supposed to happen for months, I had been training for this since I was 16. Originally dad was going to separate the company so my brother and I could share responsibility but he'd been adamant that he wouldn't be a leader. Lyndon was a go with the flow type of person, he wasn't good at barking orders and making hard decisions. I noticed that the kitchen was silent as another knock on my door sounded.

I gave my cousin a weak smile and walked over to it silently. A few men stood there with items to fix my living room and maids to clean up the mess Athena had made. I walked back in the kitchen to see Cindy hadn't moved, that she was still in the same spot with a haunted look.

"Thena is sick so I can't see him yet..." I trailed off and looked at the scotch. The one thing we seemed to agree on was that my father was an amazing man and him being stressed and sick wasn't helpful. Cindy nodded mutely and left, she was probably going back to the hospital.

I went to my room ready to sleep away the stress when my phone rang.

Tara.

I answered and grunted as I threw myself on my bed with my other arm slung across my eyes. I was practically CEO anyway. I needed to figure out a way to combat what Axel was doing to the company. I needed to step up and prove to my father that I can handle this situation.

"Ellie, I have arranged for each of the reporters to see you and..."

I zoned out of the conversation as Tara continued relaying my schedule. My mind lingered on things it shouldn't, for example, how attractive Axel was. He had aged nicely, not much had changed although his eyes were hardened slightly, I couldn't tell why, but they gave him a dark and mysterious allure, that I was sure would be hard to resist.

Also I couldn't understand his vendetta against myself and my family, either he was as evil as Olivia or he knew nothing about why I had broken them up. Was there really any reason to point out her infidelity, our family were all over it. Lyndon had moved on, actually after Olivia he never had a serious relationship again. I guessed that even his easy going attitude had taken enough beatings. I looked at the ceiling and sighed, my mystery man whom I've searched for, is the very man hell bent on destroying me. This fact wouldn't be so strange to me if it weren't for the fact that we shared a child. The blood that ran through his body was also a part of Athena. Wanting to give her a father was and is important to me, but now I questioned his character.

I should tell him straight away, right? Would he believe me? Our interaction before the meeting in my office was filled with only moans and carnal pleasures. We didn't talk one word except for the lust filled dirty talk, in which, I took no part in.

I had childish images of what would have happened when I met the guy again. He'd be driven wild, because he couldn't stop thinking about me and he'd been searching everywhere. He'd wrap his arms around me and we would kiss and then I'd introduce him to our daughter. I guess Disney had spoiled my imagination because it wasn't very original.