Chapter 6. Last Night

Start from the beginning

The door opened but I couldn't see who walked as I tried to keep myself from being seen.

"I heard you thumping on the ground you know."

What? Confused, and somewhat humiliated, I peeked up from the bed.

"You?" My voice came out breathless. Oh God, Oh God, what happened last night? 

"Me," Demetri said with a smile. I felt my face heat up and I stood up in full. I glanced down at myself, sending a silent prayer to anyone out there who felt like lessening this awkward run in. 

"Um, did you and me . . "

"No, we didn't," Demetri replied, walking over. I studied him in his tight black shirt and loose jeans. Even casual he didn't look all too shabby. Hell, he couldn't look shabby even if he tried. Me on the other hand, I had no clue what  I looked like.

"Well then what am I doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms over my bare chest. 

"You got hammered, I was in the area, and you seemed to be having a really rough time, so I just helped."

Wow, that was convincing. Not.

He outstretched his hand and held a glass of water and some pills in his other hand. "I figured you might not be feeling all that well," He said with a shrug. He kept his face hidden from me as I took the objects from his hand.

Skeptical, I stared at the pills. "It isn't acid Venus," He said with a flat stare, his dark eyes coming off as annoyed. I frowned. 

"Well for all I could know you could be an axe murderer, or a rapist or kidnapper!" I accused.

He let out a slight chuckle.

"Only on Fridays," He replied. I scrunched my nose at him.

"Well then explain this," I gestured to the purple nightgown that barely went past mid thigh.

"You're right," He said, lifting himself off the bed, and beginning to walk towards me with painfully slow steps around the king.

I took a hesitant step back as his gaze seemed to hold both fire and ice, and maybe, just maybe, not all things nice.

"I took advantage of you," He said, his voice deep and low as he took another step towards me. I tried to move, but I was frozen.

"I ripped off your clothes, and much like a pervert, did unthinkable things to you," He whispered. Just one more step and I'd be able to touch him.

His eyes captured mine like a horse to a lasso, and I couldn't seem to break free from the binding ropes. Though his eyes were dark, there was so much more inside them, I wondered if others realized this, or if he knew I saw this. Was his cold and oddly off-standish personality just some facade?

Then it hit me. He was simply testing me, seeing if I would believe him and run off like an idiot. Frazzled by both this realization and our profoundly close vicinity, I shoved my hand to my mouth, popped the pills through my lips, and chugged the water from the glass with closed eyes.

Upon opening them I saw Demetri with crossed arms, raising an eyebrow at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. You should eat something."

"Wait, I want my clothes and an explanation of last night," I replied. 

"Your clothes are still washing. I had to wash them twice." He gave me a flat look. I sucked on my teeth and looked away from him, wanting the ground to swallow me up.