2. crush chop and burn (pt. 2)

ابدأ من البداية

we all gave him a look.

"i'm just so bummed! this is the only place we've ever known." adam said.

"yeah. just think about all of the memories we shared here." chase said.

"we can't let davenport send you guys away. let leo and i talk to him." i said.

"yeah. nobody can say no to this million dollar smile." leo said smiling and pointing at his mouth.

------

"no!" davenport said as we asked him about keeping adam, bree, and chase.

"but what if they-" leo started.

"no."

"don't you think they-" i started.

"forget it!"

"what if they-" leo started again.

"la la la la!" davenport started to sing as he covered his ears and ran up the stairs. leo and i followed him and kept arguing with him. in the end, he still said no.

great.

-------

we walked back down to the lab with our heads hanging low, and we saw adam, bree, and chase smiling at us expectingly.

"well, i'm pretty sure he's going to think about it!" leo said. it killed me lying to them, but it wasn't a total lie. at least leo didn't say that they were staying.

-------

leo and i sat upstairs by ourselves. we didn't say a word because we were both upset about adam, bree, and chase leaving. i usually don't get upset over many things. i'm usually strong when it comes to my feelings, but this was absolutely killing me. they were my best friends. tasha walked around the corner, and she saw us sitting there.

"leo, haley, there you are. i know you both are sad about your friends leaving, but you guys can always spend time with me! oh! we can play your little video game! the one where you hold the thingy and with the other thingy!" tasha said trying to cheer us up. i appreciate her trying, but it just wasn't working.

"mom, with all due respect, it's way too late in life for you to learn video games." leo said to her. the three of us walked out of the room, and into the living room. mr. davenport was standing by a hung up curtain with a big smile on his face, which only tasha returned.

"hello, happy family!" mr. davenport said.

"what is that?" tasha asked him.

"whatever it is, don't get too attached." leo said.

"yeah, because he'll just go ahead and send it away." i said.

"leo, haley, i know you guys are going to miss adam, bree, and chase, so i scanned laser scanned their features onto bio-synthetic robots and i programmed them with their core personality traits!" davenport said excitedly.

these are the creepiest things i have ever seen in my life.

"is this great or what? it'll be like they never left!" mr. davenport said.

leo knocked on the adam robot and it sounded like medal. robo-adam turned to leo and flicked him on the forehead. i covered my mouth so i wouldn't laugh.

"what do you think?" mr. davenport asked.

"i think the excitement of having a billionaire dad just wore off." leo said. i led him over to the fridge and gave him an ice pack for his head.

"donald, i don't know about this. i would rather leo and haley to have real friends instead of ones who malfunction and could tear them limb from limb." tasha said.