"It looks so great on you," Melissa complimented.

"Thank y-" Elizabeth's thank you's were interrupted by a small chime of a bell, notifying everyone inside that no one other than Tom Riddle had strolled in the front door of the formal clothes store. All of the girls' eyes went to him, even Elizabeth's.

"Hello ladies," he nodded, his eyes showing no regard for Elizabeth, and walked over to the tailor on the other side of the store who was measuring boys for tuxedos. Elizabeth's heart began to race as quickly as it had when she'd ran away from him.

She looked between herself and Walburga. Even if Tom had picked one of them to accompany him to the ball, it would no doubt be Walburga.

"I think I will purchase this, how much is it?" Elizabeth asked Walburga.

"Fifty eight galleons," she replied, not taking her eyes off of Tom who was now taking his coat off to be fit for a tuxedo.

Elizabeth quickly went into the fitting room, changed back into her more casual winter dress and coat, and walked to the front counter. She handed the woman the dress along with fifty eight galleons. As quickly as she could, she scooped up the parcel containing her dress into her arms and walked out of the shop.

As she closed the door behind her, snow darted into her eyes. She wrapped her coat tightly around her body and walked through the snow-filled air. She bumped into various witches and wizards, apologizing in a huff as she made her way to the closest building she could. To her right, a small bell had rung, (indicating someone had walked into somewhere) catching her attention. Elizabeth followed the ringing and found herself, fumbling to open a door. Her fingers had frozen, as she hadn't worn any mittens.

A loud noise had made her jump backwards. Realizing how foolish she was, she brushed the hanging shrunken heads which hung in the doorway, away from her.

"Close that bloody door!" one yelled.

"We don't want a blizzard in here!" another cackled.

As she closed the door behind her, a gust of cold air swooshed into the small building which she now saw was a dingy old pub. Many odd looking witches and wizards spotted the murky restaurant. She didn't know what she'd do once she sat down, but she knew anywhere was better than that shop.

So, Elizabeth sat down at a table near a frosted window and watched the people come and go, each time earning an individual shriek from the shrunken heads. She watched the small patch of snow at the door, quickly disappear as soon as it grew. A few elder wizards clinked their glasses as they boasted about how the Harpies were in the lead. Two young witches, which Elizabeth found strikingly similar to Walburga and Melissa, sat giggling and pointing over to a middle-aged wizard who wore a beaver on his head, in place of a hat.

As she thought she might have fallen asleep, a small pair of hands pressed up against the glass, followed by Walburga's pointy face. She saw Elizabeth and signaled to whom was obviously Matilda and Melissa, then moments later, the door opened and the bell clanged, earning a gust of white snow.

"Beth, why'd you leave?" Walburga sat down next to her. Matilda and Melissa sat at the chairs across.

Elizabeth came up with a lie as quickly as she'd been questioned, "I was hoping if I left, Melissa and Matilda would follow, leaving you alone with Tom."

Walburga smiled affectionately and hugged Elizabeth, "You are so amazing, Beth, I hope you know that." She split from the hug. "Sadly, Tom had to leave quickly after you did. I half expected him to be here with you; I'm so glad he isn't. He didn't even finish getting fitted for his dress robes, he just left."