00

How do you know that someone is 'the one'? It's a question millions of people have asked for decades, but I already know the answer. It's a feeling in the pit of your stomach, that they're someone special. Every time you come into contact with them from the moment you meet them, you get this feeling and the world seems to stop. You just know. It's them.

That's how I feel about Calum Hood.

Calum and I met a year ago, when we were freshmen in college. He was in my orientation group, and I knew it from the moment he told me his name. It all felt right with him.

Every time I'd interact with him, it was like another day was added to my lifespan. My spirits were lifted the second he smiled, and his hugs felt like home. All from the moment I met him. It just felt right.

It felt right even though he paid a lot more attention to my best friend, Natalie, than he did to me at first. It felt right even though I quickly found out he had a girlfriend of three years. It even felt right when he talked about how much he loved her.

I just knew, based on that gut feeling, that it was all going to work out in the end.

I felt it every time we were together. We were meant to be in a relationship eventually. His girlfriend was simply evidence that it wasn't the right time.

I knew Calum and his girlfriend would break up. The feeling in my stomach told me that much. And now that they have, it's my chance. It has to be.