Chapter: Two

It didn't take long for us to arrive.

Thanks to our advanced technology, it took us an hour and a half to arrive at the planet. During that time I researched the serpents planet that we would be hunting on. The planet was about the size of Earth, and unlike Earth, it was mostly made up of land, than water; and the planet had only one small ocean. The planet itself consisted up of deserts, mountains, forests, and swamps.

I also found out that there are other lifeforms besides the serpents that occupy the planet. Such life forms included Flying Scorpions, Darphojins: raptor-like animals that can create a pheromone that can make a serpent think it is one of them, Dilagons: a large worm creature that lives in the desert part of the planet, and Herbivores: massive aquatic reptiles that lives in ocean.

Once we arrived, Shark called us to the main deck of the star ship.

I was the first one to get to the main deck. Shark had his back turned to me, and was pressing buttons on a control panel. In front of him was large red screen, taking up most of the wall. The screen displayed in red, the serpents planet, and on the planet showed small gray colors in a small area in the top part of the planet.

"What are those?" I asked.

He didn't even look behind me when he answered. "Human colonies. Apparently the humans have been coming here for some time now, studying the planet and its inhabitants."

Humans. I thought. Such weak and simple minded prey.

Yet even as I thought this, I knew this wasn't true. Yes, they lack strength, and are no where near as smart as the Yautja. But what they lack in strength, and intelligence, they make up for in perseverance, skill, and stamina. A few haven been known to successfully kill a Yautja. Thus, they have earned there way up to the favorite hunting prey.

They can be a tad bit annoying. I though. But they still make good sport.

"When are we leaving?" I asked, not wanting to waist anymore time.

"Do you have your gear?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

He stopped doing whatever it was on the panel and looked at me. He wasn't wearing his mask this time, and he didn't look as old as I thought he was, in fact, he looked young. He appeared to be 10 centuries older than me. I also saw that he was missing his left eye, and his right one was examining me, making sure I was ready.

I wore the hunting wire mesh undersuit, which is different from the training one. I had my med kit tied to my belt, with three heal shards. I also had my hunting boots, metal shoulder pads, small chest piece, covering only my top biceps and half of my ribcage, a small kilt with the clan symbol on it (which was the symbol of the first serpent kill), wrist gauntlets along with two wrist blades, a Sat-Com, bio-mask and a touch pad device on my left forearm to allow me to activate my cloaking devise, type in the self-destruct sequence, and remotely control my vessle.

Along with the wrist blades I had a net launcher on the left gauntlet, a smart-disk, and 5 mines. Normally, we are not allowed mines, because we have to kill a serpent first to earn the mines, plasma canaster, and other weapons, but they made an exception since we were going to the serpents homeworld, but no plasma canaster. They also gave us acid-resistent metal. This to, we had to earn, but again, they made another exception since the last hunt with young bloods didn't do well, so now they give young blood acid-resistent metal, including the wrist blades.

"And your weapons?" He asked.

"Are ready." I said.

He nodded. "Then we wait for the other two to-" he stared to say but was cut off by the doors opening to reveal Void and Tusk. They wore the stuff I was wearing, and had the same gear, but had different weapons. Void had a Shruiken, wrist blades, 5 mines, and a whip. Tusk had mines, wrist blades, combat-stick, and another smart-disk. Tusk also already had his mask on and I noticed he had two tusks on the bottom of the mask.

"Really?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Couldn't help it." He said as they walked in. Void just rolled his eyes.

"Good, your hear." Shark said. "Now let's get ready." He walked over to the panel he was originally on. He pressed a button and a triangle appread almost on one of the human settlements, but I knew it could be miles away than what it appeared to be.

"You will be hunting in a remote area just a few miles from one of the human settlements." Shark stated. "So you may encounter some humans on your hunt."

"More trophies for us." Void said.

"Are there any questions before you set out?" He asked.

No one answered.

"Then put your masks on, go to the pods...and remember." He said as we was walking out.

"Honor to the Clan." He said.

"Honor to the Clan." We all said simultaneously, then we walked out and to the pods.

"Good luck." A Yautja hunter said.

"I remember my first hunt" Another said.

"May the 'Black Warrior' watch over you." One last one said. I knew what he meant when he said 'Black Warrior', meaning the Grim Reaper, the being we warship who is seen as an adversary due to were he wins all battles.

Once we got to the pods we looked at eachother.

"This is were we become hunters my friends." I said. "After this hunt we become true warriors."

"Let's do this." Tusk said. Void simply nodded.

We got in the pods and started activated them. I grabed the mask at my hip and stared at it.

Time to hunt. I though to myself, and I placed the mask on my face, it fit perfectly, and feel right on my face. It came on and the vision was clear.

I strapped my self in and waited for the pods to be launched.

"Ready?" Shark said through the mask I wore.

"Ready." I heard Tusk say.

"Ready." Void said.

"Ready." I said, clicking my mandibles.

Without another word the pods disconnected from the ship and raced twoard the planet bellow.