~Chapter 2~

"Amber, breakfast is ready!" Her mum called from the kitchen. Slowly, as if she was dying, Amber rolled off her bed onto her feet. "Coming mum", She replied. After Amber had tied her long strawberry blond hair into some kind of deformed messy bun, she  slowly forced herself to walk normally down the stairs. But instead of going to the kitchen, she went into the bathroom and shut the door. Amber's mum, wondering why she was taking so long, walked towards the stairs. She noticed something was different, so she opened the bathroom door. Amber was washing her face like a normal 11 year old girl would. But little did her mother know, she had been sitting there, crying. Yet again. 

Saturday breakfast in the Stevenson household normally consisted of many different things. From bacon to hash browns, to fruit salad, to toast, Pretty much any breakfast food you can think of. Except this one was different. This Saturday, was the last one until Amber's birthday. Her parents were holding a surprise party for her, with all her family. Amber had told them that she didn't like the girls at her school. This wasn't a complete lie, but it wasn't the truth either. Amber didn't like the girls at her school because they didn't like her. So, her parents had decided to invite all their extended family members to a barbecue the very next weekend.

How will the barbecue go? What will happen when the other girls find out that it's Amber's birthday?