Chapter 1

There she stood in the, now, vacant hallway anxiously awaiting for
her Time. Only a few hours ago, there were tens of hundreds of teenagers, just like her, standing in the hallway. The line had gone through fairly quickly, though no one really knew what the Time would bring for them and their future, she had realized that once you go in, no one had come out. "Test subject S-299: FAILED," she hears over a loud speaker. The voice booms throughout the long empty hall. The same phrase had come after every person who had gone in, therefore not having as much meaning to her as it once did. She hadn't thought twice about it before the same voice says, "Next, test subject S-300, Jasper Elaine." She lifts her head up and walks into the room reluctantly, unknowing of what lies beyond it.

Inside the room, there is a woman standing behind a chair that is leaning back. She closes the door softly behind her and her eyes wander around the room. The floor is white tile, as is the rest of the building, the walls are all painted white, as is the rest of the building, except for one. The far left wall is a completely covered by a mirror, she figures it's probably a one-way glass and that there's someone or more people behind it watching them. "Come sit," says the woman sternly. Jasper cautiously sits in the chair, breathing heavily from nerves. The woman comes around the chair and stands at her side holding a syringe filled with a deep blue colored liquid, "what is it?" Jasper asks tensing slightly. The woman, her name tag says 'Dr. Raschel', sighs, "it will just make you go to sleep, you won't feel a thing, I promise." Dr. Raschel gives Jasper a small genuine smile before taking her forearm and inserting the needle into her skin. Jasper sighs and leans back in the chair feeling suddenly exhausted. "Just close your eyes, and let it take you..." Dr. Raschel whispers softly to her. Her breathing slows and she closes her eyes, hearing Dr. Raschel's words repeat over and over in her mind. The darkness behind her closed eyelids soon takes over and she falls unconscious, that's when the hallucinations begin.