~Your Guardian Angel~ a Romano x Reader One Shot

"Romano! Where are you?" You called, pounding on his door. 

"Hmm. That's strange. He normally answers." You pressed your ear to the door and heard the faint sound of a guitar. You knew he was home now so you tried the door. It was unlocked, and after mentally face palming yourself, you went inside. You crept up the stairs so that he wouldn't hear you and listened outside the door. 

Romano had a been trying to start a band for a while and he'd been writing a lot of music lately. You loved that he always asked for your opinion and just the sheer fact that you got to spend more time with him was just an added bonus. See, you'd had a major crush on the outspoken Italian for quite some time. Most of your friends couldn't see past his bad boy attitude, because deep down, he had a soft side. You'd seen it. He rarely showed it of course, but when you did see it, it was like a treat for you. You'd hoped that eventually you'd be able to break his shell and with everything that had been happening lately, you thought it might be soon. 

He was being his typical self and cursing in Italian as he threw crumpled papers in the trash. He started playing a tune and then it just came to him. Romano began writing as swiftly as he could, stopping every few minutes to strum a little on his guitar. You watched, mesmerized at how quickly this came to him. 

"It must be really good," you thought.

Then, he stopped, set his paper down on the bed and began to sing.

When I see your smile,

Tears run down my face I can't replace

And now that I'm stronger, I have figured out

How this world turns cold and breaks through my soul

And I know I'll find deep inside me, I can be the one.

I will never let you fall

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to heaven.

His voice was beautiful. It was so even and smooth, you actually began crying, His lyrics were so meaningful.. It was so unlike Romano. Then he began to sing again.

It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.

Seasons are changing and waves are crashing

And stars are falling all for us.

Days grow longer and nights grow shorter

I can show you I'll be the one.

I will never let you fall

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to heaven.

'Cause you're my, you're my, my true love.

My whole heart. Please don't throw that away.

'Cause I'm here for you.

Please don't walk away

And please tell me you'll stay.

Use me as you will

Pull my strings just for a thrill.

And I know I'll be okay

Though my skies are turning grey.

I will never let you fall

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to heaven. 

Romano signed as he finished the song. "Ugh! That's stupid she's not gonna like that at all!" He laid his guitar on the bed and put his face in his hands. You looked in his room deeper and accidently hit the door. He heard it and looked up. His eyes were wide open and twinkled green. His face got really red and he yelled. "(Name)! Were you here the whole time?! Why are you crying? God, (name) I didn't mean to yell."

You didn't realize you were still tearing up. You walked over to him and looked straight into his hazel orbs. 

"Romano, I thought the song was beautiful," you swallowed hard. "Who is it for?"

Romano looked down and mumbled something. 

"What? I can't hear you."

"It's for you, bella! I wrote it for you!" 

You could tell he was thoroughly embarrassed, and you turned to walk away when you felt his hand on your shoulder. 

"Don't go, (name). Just stay a little longer, please."

You turned around and gave Romano a big grin. 

"I love that you wrote it for me, Romano. It was absolutely beautiful. It brought me to tears actually."

"(Name), about that.. I love you, bella. I've been too embarrassed and proud to say it, but I want to know.." he paused. "If you'd like to go out with me."

You squealed and jumped into Romano's arms. "Of course I will! I've been waiting for you to ask me out forever!" Without even thinking, you leaned over and kissed Romano, fully expecting him to break apart from you. He did the exact opposite. He deepened the kiss and began playing with your hair. He laid you down on his bed and sat down beside you. He twirled your hair around his finger and pulled you close to him. When he was sure you'd fallen asleep, he kissed you on the nose and said, "I'll always be your guardian angel, bella. Ti amo."