A lonely pirate's tale (One shot)

A/N: Okay so this is my first one shot, I wrote this as an english assignment so hopefully it'll be enjoyable to read... it's a Taoris friendship kinda, with other random kpop persons

I sighed as I leaned against the edge of the crow's nest I sat on up in the mast of the pirate ship. We we're out in open ocean so there wasn't really much for me to do. I watched the crew below me. They joked around and seemed to have really fun. I missed those times I was able to do that, but it was a long time ago and it won't come back in a really long time. I was counted as one of the crew but I'm not one of them. I am aware of that I could have left when we stopped occasionally, but I owe the captain to much. The captain is one of the best there is. He saved me from a sure death. No, I would be here for a while. It didn't feel as lonely before when I had my books but they're now resting somewhere in the depht of the ocean. As well as the old crow's nest and half of the old mast. Barely made it out alive that time, and yet again it was Captain who saved me that time. He didn't allow me to buy books after that saying it was making me distracted.

This was all before 'him'.

We'd now reached our destination. Captain said we'd something important to pick up here. I don't think I've ever seen a city like this before, and I've seen a lot of different places.This harbor was so large and yet so colorful. For once I actually wanted to step on land. As we got off the ship Captain stopped me.

"Kris, could you do me a favor?"Captain asked me and I nodded.

"Search for this person," he said and tossed me a paper before leaving and let me pass. I took a look at it, it was a picture of boy who couldn't be much younger then me, under it was a name written 'Huang Zitao or Tao'. Hopefully it won't take that long to find him. After about two hours I sat down on a bench. I took a look at the paper yet again. The few things that made him stand out is his earpiercings and panda eyes (he has very big eyebags). I took a deep breath and sighed, who knew searching for a pandaboy would be so difficult. Maybe I should ask around by one of the inns I saw by the quay.

'The flying seagull' sounds interesting... The inn didn't have many guests so the one who looked like he could be the owner simply stood by the bar and polished a glass. He would probably be the one who knew something if anyone here did.

"Excuse me sir?" I asked and he looked questioning at me.

"Do you know where I can find this man?" he looked at the paper then he stared at me looking deep in thought.

"I trust you aren't one of BRN*... I'll take you to him," he said and put the glass down.

"Yixing, look over the inn while I'm gone!" he shouted to one of the workers who looked up and nodded before continuing with what he was doing before.

"Don't just stand there! We don't have all day!" the owner was already by the door. I hurried after him and he led me to a brickwall in an alley.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" I asked and he huffed and rolled his eyes. He muttered something about 'people these not having any trust in him these days'. "Open up! It's me, Heechul! I've someone here who wants to meet you and an inn to run so hurry up will ya!" He yelled and one of the strangest things I've seen happened, the wall opened. That Heechul guy had already left. Someone slung me against the wall beside the hole and put a knife against my throat. I looked at the one who held the knife, it was Tao.

"Who are you?!" "I'm Kris," I introduced myself.

"No surname?" he asked and pressed the knife harder against my throat.

"Not anymore," I answered shortly and he simply nodded and released the knife a bit.

"What do you want from me?" he asked and his glaze hardened.

"My captain wants to meet you."

"Who's your captain?"

"Bang Yongguk," he took away the knife and released me and smiled.

"Why didn't you say so earlier?" he exclaimed and rushed inside, I stood there bewildered for a moment before I heard a faint shout from Tao inside the wall:

"Wait a bit I'll be right there!" I'd a feeling that it would take a while so I went and sat on a box a few metres from the hole. The sun was shining warming and I started to feel quite tired. Before I knew it I'd fallen asleep.

I was briskly woken up because of someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and looked straight into Tao's eyes. He was very much to close for me to feel comfortable.

"What are you waiting for?! Hurry up! " he dragged me out of the alley but then in the wrong direction.

"You are aware of that this is the wrong way, right?" he turned on his heals and dragged me in opposite direction. I chuckled slightly which surprised myself. I haven't done that in ages. Captain was sitting on the railing above the gunports waiting for everyone to return.

"Tao! Nice to see your sorry ass again!" captain's deep voice boomed.

"Nice to see you too! Almost thought you'd forgotten about me!"

"Quit speaking nonsense and board already!" they smiled at each other and we boarded. "Good job Kris," captain said and patted my shoulder. I nodded a thanks and quickly climbed up to my crow's nest. I looked out over the city it was really beautiful from above. I kept stealing glances at the captain's cabin where Tao and Captain had a talk. When they came out again the crew was all here and ready to go.

"Listen up!" Captain's voice boomed and we all did so. "This is Tao! He's a part of the crew now! He's going to help Youngjae with the navigating and C.A.P to fix the boat when damaged! Any questions?" Most of the crew expected Youngjae or C.A.P to question, but they're smart and seems to understand why, Youngjae dosen't really know these waters and C.A.P can always use a helping hand, he was actually the only one who talks to me if not absolutely necessary, which is mostly because I sometimes help him and he's often night watch so we talk then. When no one said anything Captain dismissed us.

We'd been on the sea for about a week now, and to my surprise Tao'd climbed up here and talked to me whenever he had a chance. It was nice to have someone to talk to for a change. It was almost midnight and I was sitting alone in the crow's nest. The only reason I was up here was that I felt to uneasy to sleep. Taps below me cut through the silence of the summernight signaling that Tao was on his way and indeed Tao soon sat beside me.

"Can't sleep?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Is it the nightmares again?" I asked and he nodded he had had them quite often this past week.

"Kris..." he started and I hummed signaling for him to continue. "I... You... Kris you've become my bestfriend," he said and I couldn't help but smile.

"Tao you've become my bestfriend too." We talked a bit more before I directed my attention against the horizon. I saw something that looked to much like a BRN ship for me to feel comfortable.

"Tao, give me the binocular," he handed it to me immediately, and now I could clearly see that it was just that.

"Shit! Tao help me wake everyone up and prepare for battle against the BRN I said and we climbed down quickly. The rest was a blure for me until the end of the battle. All I understood was that we'd won, without any fatal injuries.

I walked around the deck in my search for Tao, something wasn't right and I could feel it. Then I saw Tao laying on the quarterdeck bleeding from his mouth and a deep wound in his stomach. I ran away and grabbed Key, the doctor of the ship, and dragged him over to Tao. Key started to work immediately when he saw Tao. After what seemed like hours he was finally done.

"It's up to him now," Key said and patted my shoulder before leaving.

Two days later the mood was low on the ship as the coffin was hoisted down into the deep sea. Captain was crying, in fact most of us was, even me. Someone put a hand each on both mine and Captain's shoulder, we turned around and Tao smiled comforting at us.

"It's okay, we'll find a new mermaid to put on the figure head," he tried to comfort but Captain just shook his head.

"No, it wouldn't be the same... My grandfather he made her himself of treasures he'd collected over the years."

The ship sailed without a mermaid on the figure head after that.