Part 1

"Do you know what would be the best thing?" Legolas asks, one day while you're walking with him through the Mirkwood forest. "What's that?" You ask, smiling, looking at your boyfriend. He stops walking and turns to look at you. "If I could just carry you off into my arms and marry you right this second." He answers, smiling. You look to the ground and entwine your hands with his. You step closer to him and slowly drag your eyes up to meet his. "Why don't you then?" You ask quietly. Legolas chuckles softly and gently squeezes your hands. "You know, I just might." He whispers, leaning his head to yours. You lift your head slightly and he kisses you softly. Suddenly Legolas lurches back, gasping. "Legolas?" You ask worriedly, your eyebrows furrowed deeply. He looks to his stomach and that's when you see a spider's stinger sticking through his abdomen. "Legolas!" You gasp as Legolas foams from the mouth. He falls to the ground, convulsing. "Legolas!" You shout, trying to run to him. Only you can't. It's like the roots in the ground wrap themselves around your legs, making you stay put. Spiders soon devour the area and crawl towards Legolas. "No! No! Get away from him!" You scream, picking up large branches and hitting the arachnids with them. They ignore you and cover Legolas's body. "Stop it!" You sob, crying in horror. "Don't touch him!" You shriek, reaching out a hand. The spiders screech before completely ripping Legolas apart. "No!" You scream, burying your face in your hands, sobbing. "No." You sob.

"Legolas, no!" You shout, before you fall off your bed. You land on the ground with a thud. You breathe heavily, your face wet with tears. You look around your dark bedroom, crying. "Legolas." You breathe. You look at your legs entangled in your bed sheets and quickly free your legs. You stand and run out of your room, crying. You race down the halls of the Woodland Realm heading towards Legolas's room. You slow to a stop when you come up to his closed door. You wipe away your tears and sniff. "Please, guards, let me through. " You say. "We're sorry. Do you know what time it is? It's too early for you to be here. If king Thranduil finds out, he'll have your head." A guard says. "No, please, you don't understand, I have to see Legolas." You cry, walking forward to open the door. They block the door and stop you. One puts a firm hand on your shoulder. "No, Y/N. I understand you're Legolas's girlfriend, but you can't be here this time of night." He states coldly. Your chin quivers. "Please!" You beg. "N-" The guard starts to say. "Guards, who's there?" Legolas asks, from inside his bedroom. "It's no one, hir nin [My lord]. It's just Y/N." One says loudly. "Well she certainly isn't no one. Let her in." Legolas commands. The guards sigh and let you in the room. They close the door behind you. You see Legolas sitting up in his bed and you sob with relief. "Y/N?" He asks worriedly, as you run to his bed. You jump into his bed and throw your arms around him. "Legolas." You cry, squeezing your eyes shut. He hugs you tightly. "Y/N, I don't understand, what's wrong?" He asks, rubbing your back. You open your eyes and pull back, the tears flooding out of your eyes. You look at him and let out another sob, just so happy that he's alive. "I-I had this dream--nightmare." You stutter, shaking. Legolas wraps an arm around your shoulders. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks softly. Nodding, you turn into his chest. "You and I were out walking through Mirkwood..." You tell him the whole story and when you get to the part where Legolas gets ripped apart by the spiders, you lose it, the memory all too near. "Shh, shh, Y/N." Legolas whispers, rocking you as you weep. "It was just a nightmare. I'm here now." He whispers comfortingly. You grasp on to Legolas as if he's going to disappear any moment. You sniff. "I'm sorry. I'm just really shaken up." You say. "It's okay, Y/N." He says, running his hand gently over your hair. Suddenly, Legolas starts softly singing. "A Elbereth Gilthoniel, silivren penna miriel o menel aglar elenath, na-chaered palan diriel o galadhremmin ennorath nef aear, sí aearon. Y/N, le linnathon Nef aear, sí aearon! ['O Star-queen Star-kindler, glimmering white, sparkling like jewels, the glory of the heavens slides down from the firmament. Having gazed afar at the distance from the tree-tangled lands of Middle Earth on this side of the ocean, here, great ocean. Y/N, I will sing to you on this side of the ocean, here, great ocean!]" His voice rings out clear and beautiful, and you snuggle against him. "Legolas, you have the most beautiful voice I've ever heard." You whisper, closing your eyes. He smiles and kisses your forehead. He pulls his blanket over you. "I love you, Y/N." He says. "I love you too. Thank you, Legolas. For helping me calm down." You say. He pulls you closer to him. "You're welcome, darling." He whispers.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!