Four

4| The Girl Who Turned into a Lady 

I keep my big smile plastered on my face. This is my twenty-second birthday and my parents threw a big party. I was trained to be always polite and friendly. In our kind of business, I have to be able to blend with every kind of people. I should know how to smile even all I want to do is to frown.

"Happy birthday, Kuya Nex!" Neil greeted then gave me a man hug.

I smirked at him and accepted his gift.

"I'd rather take the lady beside you as a gift" I said in a playful tone. I shifted my gaze on the lady holding his arm

I keep my playful face, even all I want to do is to punch the face of my a-sshole brother. I want to snatch those hands clutching on his arm and run away from this party and screw that lady beside him all night. 

Neil wrapped an arm around her waist. "Not her, Kuya" he smiled. But his smile held a warning.

I snickered. "Whatever" I turned my back on them and handed their gift on the passing waiter. "Enjoy your night" I sarcastically added.

I clench my fist. My hands are itching to throw punches.

"Nexiel, I'll introduce you to our new investors" Kuya seriously said as he looks at me with his cold gaze

I look back at him.

"Fix your d-amn face" he smirk.

I took a deep breath. 

"Where's the playful Nexiel?" he tapped my back. "Umayos ka na nang matapos na tayo sa nakakasuyang pagpapakilala. Then I'll introduce you to someone special"

I don't know if he's serious with that 'someone special' or he's just saying that to raise my curiosity and revive my childish side. 

He starts walking on a direction and I just followed him. I keep on drawing breathes to calm my nerves.

I put on my smile as I shook hands with our investors, partners and clients. My brother keep on introducing people to me. He said I should be familiar with business at this early age.

After the long list of the people I should meet, we went to the parking space outside our mansion. 

"You want one?" I offered a stick of cigarette to him.

I know he's sick of this life. I know he's tired of all the responsibilities he got.

I felt guilty of having a good time. By now, I should already graduated and be of help to my brother. But since I am enjoying my life, I let him handle all the job. Inasa ko na sa kanya ang responsibilidad ko.

He shook his head. "No, thanks. I quit smoking a month ago" he smirk

My brow shot up. I can't believe that he already stopped. He's a heavy smoker.

"Tell that to the marines" I smirked. 

I lit up my cigar.

"I am serious, bro. She hates the smell of it so I stopped. I'd rather be tensed than have her disgusted with my smell" he smiled like an i-diot after that. 

My jaw dropped. "You can't be serious, Kuya. In love ka?" I asked in an amazed tone.

I know my brother, trabaho na ata ang pakakasalan niya. But seeing him like this... it's the miracle Mom has been waiting for a long time.

He smiled wider. It's somewhat creepy. "I am, Nexiel." he proudly said.

I threw my stick on the floor and steeped on it. I tap Kuya's shoulder and laugh.