Paint Me Red

• Dedicated to Onyx Melodie

The rain poured down heavily on the tin roof of the station. The sound of howling sounded in the distance. Darting her eyes to the foggy window covered with steam from their breathing, she stared out to the forest with longing. The sound of typing and yelling was drowned out as her glazed, deep blue eyes stared out the window and her ears prickled in sadness.

It was hard to believe that an hour ago she was pulled from under ground by men in yellow hats. That her whole world had gone by leaving her behind. She spun around to face the blaring light of the room as a man put his hand gently on her shoulder, growling lowly at him in a feral non human way warning him to let go and step back from her. His brown eyes met her angry blaring ones. Noticing her unease at his touch he quickly drew back his hand as if it were on fire.

Muttering a sorry, he sat down across from her. All the while her eyes never leaving his figure. She didn’t trust him. The last time she trusted a human they’d buried her underground for an unknown amount of time. Fearing her and what she was. Humans she scoffed, Always fearing what they don’t understand. Her eyes had lost their angry sheen as she remembered her mother and her siblings, how her people fought for her, trying to no avail to find her.

She could hear their howls in the distance as the clamored above her trying in desperation to find her. Returning to the present she spoke in an unknown language asking the man what year in was. He looked at her in disbelief. She had spoken, but in what language? He didn’t know what she was saying. He closed his eyes and groaned, Just what we need, he thought, an international case. Catching his aggravation she looked at him in confusion. Cocking her head to the side, as if listening to someone she realized he couldn’t understand her. Standing up and dropping her blanket from her body and letting her toned, tan and well built body be seen from what little animal pelts covered her chest and butt.

The officer looked up in embarrassment and disbelief as she quickly strolled forward to his face bending down and letting her long jet black hair brush his shoulder, she whispered in her unknown language as she softly touched his forehead with her own. All of a sudden images flashed into her mind. Focusing only on the language she tuned every thing else out. Their noses almost touching and their breaths mixing.

After she touched him the officer’s face turned red. He was so stunned he didn’t know what to do. And just as soon as she touched him she let go. Backing up slowly she sat down crossing her legs, as if she sat on a throne. Cutting her eyes at the man she smiled a killer smile, just behind her beautiful pink lips sat pearly white teeth, a beautiful contrast to her skin. She let out a laugh that sounded like a moan, purposefully attracting more eyes, she smiled and cocking an eyebrow she spoke English for the first time “What did you think I was going to do David? ” she spoke out in an seductive voice with a tinge of an accent. So when she said David it sounded like a soft whisper, as if telling him a secret.

The man cleared his throat putting his fist to his mouth, his peach skin still red. He looked lost in thought as his eyes greedily raked her body, starting from her pointed foot that was raised off the ground , crawling up her long legs to her some what hidden thigh and landing on her some what thin stomach before finally stoping on their destination, her fur covered chest. She has to be a C or maybe a small D. the man thought.

Catching his glance the moment he thought to begin it, her deep blue eyes glared at the officer. She let a low growl slip from her lips as his eyes landed on her chest.

Noticing her anger he cleared his throat and muttered an apology and hanging his head in shame he stared at the floor. As if realizing he still had a job to do he looked up and stumbled over his words as her disgusted face stared at him.

“Well,” he began “umm, How about you tell me your name.” Growling lowly at the man she figured she should answer him if she wanted to leave the foul smelling Police Station.

Just as she began to answer the man an enticing scent floated towards her nose. Finally noticing why the somewhat empty station was so loud. A short, barely clothed girl with blond hair was yelling at the woman behind the front desk. Ignoring the man she was glaring at, she focused on the boy standing next to her.

He was tall with shaggy blondish brown hair, piercing green eyes and, disbelieving enough the source of the scent. She let out a low growl when the girl touched him. Mine she thought. Standing abruptly she began strolling over to the man till the officer grabbed her wrist.

Ash turned towards the growl that, oddly enough sounded sexy to him. Looking up from Katelyn’s angry face towards the sound, his eyes landed on her. Her face turned away from him, but he could see her body. She was tall he thought, long legs, perfect thighs, flat stomach and long frizzy, wild black hair. To onlookers she must have looked healthy but to his enhanced eyes he could tell she was sick, her skin’s olive like completion was obvious that she hadn’t enough sun light, and her stomach looked oddly thin like she hadn’t ate in months, maybe years. Her wrist was red Maybe bound he thought. He looked towards her other hand and it was occupied by another. Following the hand till it led to a face, it landed on his cousin David’s worried expression.

For reasons unknown to him a possessive growl escaped his mouth. Glaring at his cousin he began to walk towards the girl. Obvious dominance in his stride.

Turning her enraged eyes towards David she let out another growl, as if saying If you don’t let me go I’ll take your arm with me.

Then as fast as he grabbed her he let go, huffing in satisfaction she turned back to go towards the man who unknowingly enticed her. Then surprise crossed her face when the man who she was looking for was, in fact, in front of her.

Ash didn’t lookdown at the little minx, instead he looked over her shoulder at his cousin. Speaking in an authoritative voice he said “Do not touch her.” Than he looked down at her. His green eyes locking to her deep blue ones.

Surprise and confusion crossed David’s face. “What?” he whispered.

Giggling she looked up at the boy. Reaching on her tippy toes she touched his forehead with her own.

Her eyes widened, it felt like electricity and fire was running through her. She inadvertly let out a moan It feels so warm she thought.

Ash’s eyes widened when she reached up to touch him. And when they connected, it was like an explosion went off. He wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her to him.

“Hi Ash” she said. His eyes closed half way and he mumbled his answer. “Hi Divya (Dé-vi-a).”