Chapter 27

I was in a constant state of light. All around me was a light, brighter than the sun. But it didn't hurt my eyes. My whole body tingled and everything hurt. I noticed that, slowly, the light was fading. I regained feeling and hearing. Muffled conversations drifted into my ears as the light faded to a dull gray. I opened my eyes. I was in a city that looked amazing. It was situated on top of a mountain in a wrap around shape, spiraling up the mountain, topping the mountain with a huge cathedral looking building. The mountain itself is riddled with passages and tunnels, all varying shape and size. Trees grew out of the rocky mountainside, providing shade for huge lookouts in the path leading up. Children played on the lookouts and I watched from above. That snapped me back to reality. Wait. Where am I? I was floating in the air, about 50 feet above the mountain. My body was glowing and super light. I was floating down slowly, like a feather. My body began to lose the glow and I fell faster.

'Oh crud!' I thought. I tried making light wings but nothing happened. The light completely faded and I fell past the lookout, where kids were pointing and exclaiming. One of them lifted his hands towards me and I began to slow down. The other kids quickly got the idea and they began helping. Soon I was completely stopped. An older nomad, about 18, ran over and pulled me in. As soon as I got above ground, the kids dropped me. They ran off, laughing. The older kid came over and helped me up.

"Did you just fall from......?" He didn't finish the sentence. I nodded.

"I'm Lucas." I said. He looked at me weird.

"I....I'm Tal. I am an Air Nomad." He said.

"I know. I fought at the battle down at that river. I think I remember seeing you." I said. He nodded.

"Yeah. That was us. So why are you here and why did you fall from the sky?" He asked me. I thought for a moment.

"At the battle.....there was an explosion? That was me. But since I am the Light Prince I guess I reformed. I really have no idea." I said, answering his confused look.

"Wow. So you were the one who scattered all those creatures?" He asked.

"What creatures?" I ask him. He looks at me oddly.

"The battle where you exploded?" He said. I hung my head in my palm.

"Yep. Blondes are still the stupid ones." I mumbled to myself.

"What?" He said. I shook my head.

"Private joke." I said.

"Ok then. How about we go up and get situated and you can talk with your friends. Also, there are a few people up there from the City of Light and they want to join your expedition. They are eager to meet you so let's go." Tal said. He jumped up and began flying up the side of the mountain. I jumped and began to form light wings, but nothing happened. I fell on my backside again. I tried again and once again nothing happened.

'Hey Voice. What is up with my powers?' I asked. I waited. No response from it. 'Are you ignoring me or something?' I questioned. Still no answer. Tal hovered in the air above and looked at me questioningly.

"Just go on. I'm going to have to take the path. My powers are all wacked." I tell him. He shrugs and flies on up. I begin to walk up the path, transitioning into a jog, and then a sprint. I love that feeling, the feeling of cool mountain air rushing through your hair, the coolness pressing in on your face. I rushed past several monks taking a morning stroll as the sun came up, peaking the farther mountains. I was looking at the beautiful sunrise when I ran into a young girl. She seemed about 15, and she was pretty. She had flowing straight dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"Hey! Watch it! Idiot...." She mumbled as we fell into a heap. Her sentence cut short when she glanced up at me. A dull look appeared on her face. "Oh. Oh I'm sorry, totally my fault."

"What are you talking about? I was the one who ran into you. Sorry about that. Hey you don't dress like the other monks, where are you from?" I ask. She was dressed in a white V-neck that was see-through, but she had on a black shirt underneath. She also had on faded blue jeans.

"Oh. I am one of the new people that came from the City of Light. I'm Lizzy. I came from the Fire Tribe and Water Tribe. After the peace was made about 18 years ago, my mom and dad got married and had me. So I have both fire and water powers." She said.

"I'm Lucas. I am the Light Prince from the other world." She gasped as I said this.

"You're the Light Prince? Cool!" She said. "Well I was coming to find you so I'll walk with you back." She said.

"I thought we were in a hurry?" I said.

"Oh yeah. Ok. We will run then." She said. "Try to keep up." She said with an evil sort of grin. She pushed me back down and took off. I jumped back up and ran after her. My superspeed automatically kicked in and I quickly raced past her.

'Weird. Never before have I gone this fast....' I thought. I quickly raced up and reached the top. It took Lizzy about 3 more minutes to get to the top.

"How......how did.....you go that......fast?" She gasped, trying to catch her breath.

"I don't know. Powers must be coming back." I said. I turned around and gasped. The building in front of me was gorgeous. It was a giant building, several stories high and about as long as the mountaintop itself. It was built into the mountainside and on top was what looked like stables. It was white brick and so were the statues that lined the small lookout that served as a courtyard for the monks. Two older monks lead us inside the building. Inside, the roof extended way up to the top and books lined the entire room. It was a huge library that had all kinds of books. From types of animals to types of powers to types of weapons, they lined each and every shelf. Many monks were browsing the books, looking for what they needed. We kept walking past the library. We entered a hallway on the right of the library and walked down the hall to a staircase. We walked up them and several more flights. We were at the top of the building. At the end of the hall, a door was open. The monks nodded and walked away. Lizzy walked in first. I heard several people ask where I was. I slowly stepped into the doorway. There were several beds in the big room and there were adjoining rooms to this one. Kendra, Faolan, Jason, and Ash were sitting on one bed. Tal, Luna, and Chase were on another. The last one was occupied by a few people I didn't know. A girl about 17 with straight red hair and blue eyes sat there. Also a girl with light brown hair and green eyes sat there. Lizzy went to sit with them. Kendra saw me and screamed. She ran over with tears in her eyes and caught me in a bear hug.

"Oh my gosh! Where have you been???" She said. I didn't say anything. She let go and looked me in the eyes. I gasped.

"I would tell you, but I was being choked by a crazy person." Everyone laughed. Kendra leaned in and grabbed my face and we kissed, right then and there. I grabbed the back of her head and pulled her into the kiss even more. Her lips tasted like a fresh blast of rain. Her lips were also surprisingly warm.

Everyone started in on the comments.

"Eww, get a room!"

"Yeah! Get some!"

"Oh come on." Everyone was laughing, but I didn't care. I could stay there forever it felt like. Kendra slowly pulled away, and began blushing. Lizzy was glaring at the two of us.

"Oh my gosh. That was- umm. That shouldn't have happened." I said. She looked sort of guilty. She was dating someone. Crud. We both turned to face the crowd of people, sort of awkwardly.

"Well," Faolan said, breaking the silence. "Let's get down to business. Lucas, where have you been?" Everyone turned to me.

"Ok, so you're going to start with that? Maybe how about who are these other people I don't know.....but it doesn't matter. After the battle, after I exploded, everything faded into a searing white light. And then, after a while, it faded and I was falling from the air. Some air nomads caught me and then my powers stopped working. So I chose to run up the mountain path and then I met Lizzy. Then we came in here....." I finished, taking a deep breath. Lizzy got up as I finished.

"Well, the red haired girl is Rosette, but we all call her Rose or Rosie. The other brown haired girl is Jayden." They both said hi.

"Nice to meet you." I said. "So wha-" My sentence was cut short as a shriek cut the mountain serenity. The window grew a deep orangish red and then the walls of the monastery crumbled. We all screamed as we fell from the mountains into a deep, lush forest.