Chapter five.

This one is to Caitlin, who has been such a sweetheart and made me a wonderful cover. As promised, this chapter’s to you. :) I hope its good. ;D

It felt as if my heart skipped five beats. My heart thumped so loudly, it was a surprise that Liam didn’t hear it.

I felt the heat making its way to my cheeks and soon they were flushed from our proximity.

Naturally, I jerked my hand out of his grasp and shoved him away from me. I stood up and stared at me, which he returned with an amused look.

Getting pissed, I let my Megan reflexes kick in and I gave Liam my infamous black-eye punches.

Liam dodged last minute, and the best I got was to punch him in the mouth. It was still worth it though, since I saw blood on my fist. Satisfied, I plopped down on the seat opposite of him.

Liam’s hand shot up and covered his mouth and groaned. ‘Ow, what was that for, huh? Bloody hell, it’s bleeding.’ He observed his lips from the back of his uncovered iPhone.

‘That was for being so close to me.’ I scoffed, folding my arms.

When Liam didn’t reply and stayed silent, I looked around and suddenly realized we weren’t moving. I stood up and asked, ‘Hey, what up with the wheel?’

As I said it, the wheel started moving abruptly and I stammered forward and onto Liam. My head landed on his chest and my right hand went to his mouth, not so lightly, which caused him to groan in pain. Embarrassed, I tried pulling myself up, but the sudden increase of speed made me fall once again.

This time, Liam didn’t try to hold back his laughter. My cheeks went red once again as I failed for the second time to get up. Huffing, I pushed his chest with all my might and staggered backwards till I fell onto the seat.

Liam guffawed uncontrollably and I gave him a harsh glare. As soon as our carriage completed one whole turn, I stormed out, not even thanking the guy at the controls. I mean, he was the one who caused me to fall anyways.

I wanted to call Sophia when I realized that I wasn’t the one with the phone. I stopped and turned around, smacking face to chest first with Liam. I staggered back, cursing since it was the third time I came into contact with him.

A distant flash went off and I couldn’t help but feel panic. I hope there wasn’t someone evil-minded enough to take a picture of me, especially when I was with Liam.

‘You must have a tendency to smack into me.’ Liam smirked, breaking all of my thoughts.

I scowled and narrowed my eyes. ‘No. I don’t. I just needed your phone to call Sophia, that’s all.’

At that exact moment, Sophia came running from someone among the crowd. ‘Mistress! We have to leave, fast! I will explain everything to you in the car. Hurry!’ She grabbed my hand and gestured us to follow her. With that, she ran, heading towards the carpark.