Day 3: Bite

Species change

Kiss me on the mouth and set me free
Sing me like a choir
I can be the subject of your dreams
Your sickening desire
Don't you want to see a man up close?
A phoenix in the fire

Alec pulled the leather jacket a little tighter around himself, slightly cold and very nervous. It wasn't every night the Dumort was open to those other than the Night's Children. But they had decided to host a party. An invite was easy to snag when you were sneaking around with the clan's golden boy. 

Light poured out of the Dumort like the windows were vomiting rainbows of color. Alec felt for the card in his pocket. A line ran around the block, most of them probably vampire subjugates, waiting to see their masters. They disgusted Alec but in his own way, he was one of them. Only Jace wasn't after his blood.

He skipped the line, handing the bouncer his invitation and slipping inside. The music was heavy instrumentals and the bass threatened to shatter his ribcage. He found a staircase and started climbing anyways, watching his steps. Most people seemed to have crowded on the first floor anyways. 

He was about halfway up when he lifted his eyes to find Jace standing on the next landing, watching him expectantly. Alec stood up a little straight and tried to fight the smile coming to his lips. 

Jace beckoned him forward, his lips moving but the sound lost to the music. He disappeared down a corridor and Alec moved a little faster to keep up. He barely caught a glimpse of Jace as he rounded each corner. Standing in a doorframe of an abandoned room was a faerie couple, sipping their drinks, watching him hurry by disgustedly.

He didn't care what they thought. He didn't care what any of them thought.

It was exactly what it looked like.

So kiss me on the mouth and set me free
But please don't bite

Jace caught Alec in his arms as soon as he rounded the corner. He tangled his fingers in Alec's hair, determined to ruin it to the point of hideousness tonight. He tried every night and failed. Alexander Lightwood was incapable of flaws with the exception of his species. 

It was horribly unfortunate to fall in love with a Shadowhunter. Someone made sure to remind him of that every day. But it was hard to see the end when the present was incredibly clear.

Alec pulled back a little bit, trying to catch his breath. Jace pulled a little tighter on his hair, urging him back. Their lips collided again and this time Jace pulled them out of the hallway and into his modest room.

Immortality had instilled a desire for wealth and beauty in Jace yet. He was relatively young but young meant new and the vampires liked new things to look at.

Jace liked to look at Alec. Even in the darkness of the room he could make out most of Alec's handsome features. 

His head struck the wall as Alec pushed him back against it. The walls were fragile and it wasn't uncommon for some of the lower vampires to have windows into one another rooms. Everyone was prone to violent streaks and walls were often the victims. But the wall didn't break beneath him. 

Alec's fingers ably undid the buttons on Jace's shirt. 

He sighed, enjoying the flames running through his body.

Until it was a different kind of pain, less pleasurable, more demanding.

"Alec--" Jace gasped, trying to escape Alec's touch. He was overwhelmed with sensory overload. He leaned back, trying to dull the roar in his head. He twisted his legs with Alec's, turning him so Jace was facing the wall now, pressing the kisses against Alec's neck. It helped clear his mind a little.