Chapter 7

(Edward)

She was beautiful.

Her porcelain skin was the exact same shade as his. Hair the color of rich, deep chocolate with a slight trace of caramel hidden in the locks.

He remembered the exact moment that his parents had brought her home. He was with his Grandmother when Mother and Papa walked through the door.

On wobbly steps he raced toward them, only to stop at seeing the white bundle in his father's arms. His father, Anthony, had taken him into the parlor and set the small thing on his lap.

"Your new baby sister." His mother had smiled, taking a seat next to the little boy.

The moment she opened her eyes, Edward vowed to protect and love the little girl. She was truly an angel in his eyes. Her small mouth had opened in a yawn scrunching her face up.

Edward briefly noted it looked like his aunts puppy when he yawned.

His parents had shared a look at that moment. They knew she would always be protected, she'd have nothing to worry about.

The years went by and Edward stayed true to his own promise.

Gemma was a beautiful child.

Edward never admitted to it, but Gemma knew he was the one that popped William Geoffry's ball after he told her girl's couldn't play with it.

He was the one to help her with school work, and sneak cookies from mother when she wasn't looking. He had been the one to kiss her skinned knees and the one to hold her hand while at the doctors.

He was the one who had cried when his sister lost her first tooth at the age of four. She in return had begun to cry, thinking something was wrong with her.

He had protected her from the moment he set eyes on her. He kept his promise through his human and vampire life.

He still regretted the day he couldn't protect his sister from what was going to happen. He didn't plan to have their parents die. He also didn't plan for the both of them to become vampires. He had always wanted to see her grow older and get married.

He wanted to meet his niece's and nephew's and teach them the games the two of them used to play together.

But that would never happen.

He was happy Carlisle had saved him AND Gemma. He didn't think he could live forever knowing his sister wouldn't be there.

She had been so supportive with Bella also. She had been the one to make him come back after that first day. She had come all the way to Alaska to drag him back. Literally DRAG him back to Forks.

She had pushed him to taking it slow at first and every time he thought it was going to be to much for him, she backed him up on it, telling him everything was going to be fine.

She had stood up for him against Rosalie, even though she loved Rosalie as if she was her actual older sister.

Now that little girl who used to wear her hair in pig tails was locked in her room. He could hear her thoughts. How filled with pain they were.

She was trying to block the sadness. She had yelled at Jasper when he had tried tried to help. She had said it was a waste of time for him to use his powers on her.

Carlisle was saddened for his first daughter. He loved her like his own. He couldn't stand to know the little princess of the family was in so much pain.

His mind wandered to Seth.

Seth Clearwater.

He knew everything  there was to know about the boy, thanks to Emmett's backround check on him that is.

Emmett had majored in Computerized Criminology a few years back. He could dig up dirt on anyone in a matter of minutes. Every little secret you had tried to hide would be expossed.

Not that there was anything wrong with Seth, boys had taken interest in Gemma before, but what threw the family off was that she had never taken an interest in any boy.

Human or vampire.

Though now that Edward thought about it, it made sense because Seth had turned out to be a shape shifter.

A wolf to be precise. He was not a vampire, and not fully human. Leave it to Gemma to fall in love with the supposed enemy.

Edward knew Seth's thoughts of her were pure, holy even. He thought of his sister as an angel dressed in white standing at the gates of heaven to welcome him.

From their once brief meeting Edward knew that he was a good kid.

His sister was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, inside and out. He had hated Seth Clearwater, thinking that Gemma was only playing a game with the boy. He should have known better considering he himself had fallen for a human girl.

Edward knew he should have been supportive to his sister but he couldn't. After seeing what Bella does to him, even after the Volturi incident, he couldn't let his sister do something stupid if it came to it.

"She's so beautiful when she laugh's. Like an actual angel." Seth's words echoed in Edward's head again.

Edward sighed and placed his elbows on his desk. His left hand came up to rub his face before traveling into his hair. His sister was in pain, much like he was when he had to leave Bella for her own safety.

Gemma was in pain due to the fact she was making a good choice. She was trying to do the right thing by letting Seth go. Her involvement with him was going to seal his fate as an overgrown dog. She didn't want to be the reason for that.

But it had already started.

She was broken and felt guilty for something she had no control over. It would have happened either way.

She thought she was doing a good thing even if it hurt her in the process.

Even though Edward felt bad for his sister he believed in his mind that she indeed was doing  the right thing. He hated the La Push 'Protectors'.

He didn't understand why she was so fascinated by the boy. From what he had seen, he seemed like an okay kid.

If he were a vampire, or any other boy in the world then Edward wouldn't mind. But he was a natural enemy. Wolves and vampires have been enemies since the beginning of time, in every story you read. Although not all of those things were true, the being enemies part was.

She was giving herself false hope that they could have a future together.

And he wasn't going to let that happen.

******

Authors note:

So its a short little chapter, I know. But more updates are on the way. I just wanted to give some insight into Edwards thoughts since people were asking.