Chapter 7: Friends don't kiss friends (or do they?)

I had been too hyper to do much more than go into my room and hide from Joe after the neck-kissing-microwave incident. My skin still felt like it was on fire, the place on my neck still tingling like Joe's lips were still attached.

Holy crap. Joe's lips had been on my neck. Joe gave me a love-bite. I felt like a teenage girl, stomach bubbling over with butterflies as I clamped a hand down over my mouth before I did something as embarrassing as let out a squealing sound like a girl who's crush just talked to them for the first time.

I flopped back into my bed, sinking into the duvet cover as I pulled the laptop closer to me. I waited for the laptop to power up, groaning as I watched the gray dots load. Joe thought it would be funny during our prank war to jump out of the closet and scare me, as a result I tripped over the camera stand with the "hidden" camera and dropped the laptop into the blow-up kiddy pool he had set up in my bedroom.

Really, it'd just been one of those pranks gone wrong. So wrong we didn't even post it because most of the video consisted of me swearing at Joe, Joe laughing and then both of us going deathly silent as we watched my Apple Laptop drown itself in the kiddy pool. When I fished it out I'd honestly been surprised it even turned on.

The good thing was, it did turn on. The not so good thing was it now took fifteen minutes to turn on. I still think Joe owes me a new laptop. Friends don't break other friends expensive technology and then walk away leaving pranked friend with a half drowned laptop and a blow up kiddy pool full of water in their bedroom.

Good thing Joe wasn't just a friend to me. He was more like a...man friend...man crush...a crush. This sounded like middle school. My brain was the equivalent of a middle school girl. Lovely.

I reached for my phone on the side table, pushing the laptop to the side as I clicked on text messages.

Caspar: Oli you broke my microwave.

Oli: Wasn't me. I blame Joe

Caspar: Your the one who used it last.

Oli: I unplugged it

Caspar: Yeah I'm aware

Oli: Soz

Caspar: wtf does soz mean

Oli: Sorry

Caspar: No one uses that word

Oli: Payback for breaking the microwave

Caspar: You broke the microwave

Oli: Exactly so you should pay for it.

Caspar: That makes no sense

Oli: It makes all the sense

Caspar: I'm done talking to you

Oli: Go kiss Joe or something

Caspar: I'm never talking to you again

Oli: hahahahaaha

I rolled my eyes tossing my phone on the floor in annoyance before hopping up to make sure my phone was okay after I'd just thrown it. By the time I got back to the bed my laptop had loaded. I ignored the twitter notifications, opting instead to scroll through tumblr in my boredom.

I clicked through some tag about me and Oli before the tag Jaspar popped up. I moved the mouse towards it, pausing for a moment while hovering over it before clicking it.

Up popped thousands of posts about Joe and I. I scrolled down, slowly becoming more curious. I hadn't been on this tag in awhile and I was surprised to see even more people examining our every move in gifs.