Chapter 1: Cuddles

"Caspar," a loud voice yelled, the noise drifting into my bedroom through the open door. Caspar groaned and rolled over sinking further into the bed and dragging the free pillow over his ear. He wasn't interested in whatever crazy idea his flat mate had come up with during the night.

"Bloody hell, Caspar," Joe yelled before the clanging of a wooden spoon began on the bottom of one of the kitchen pots mingling with the sound of impatient footsteps descending upon the room. "Caspar," Joe growled, approaching the bed, still pounding away on the metal pot clutched in his hand.

It was quiet for a moment as Caspar continued to feign sleep, even though they both knew it was impossible, even for Caspar to sleep through the ruckus Joe had created.

"If it's before 7, I am going to murder you," Caspar threatened from beneath the pillow before chucking it off his head and glaring up at Joe. Joe grinned, setting the pot down on the ground before leaping into the bed, flopping down across Caspar's body. He wiggled around a bit, his small frame causing knobby knees and bony elbows to dig into Caspar's skin even through the blankets.

"Casppaarr," Joe mumbled, propping his head on his hands as she stared, inches away from Caspar's face. Caspar blinked blearily at him, raising a hand to rub the sleep from his eyes.

"Yes, Joe? What is it you want?" He finally asked, letting his free hand flop back over his eyes again. Joe snorted, moving forward to poke Caspar's arm.

"The flat it a mess. Oli and Marcus will be here in an hour, and it looks awful," Joe moaned.

"Hmm..." Caspar mumbled lazily at him, not really interested in Joe's dramatics quite yet.

"Well...are you going to help me?" Joe asked.

"Probably not," Caspar replied, shifting so Joe tumbled off him onto the other side of the bed.

"Caspar, you are the worst roommate I've ever had," Joe grumbled, but he didn't move to get off the bed, just shifting so he was curled up next to him.

"I'm the only one you've ever had," Caspar responded, the edges of smile peeking through what was visible of his face behind his arm.

"Please get up," Joe whined next to him again, sitting up before flopping dramatically backwards into the bed.

"Shh...sleep then clean," Caspar mumbled back, already falling back to sleep with Joe's warm body pressed up against his. He was used to the constant movement Joe seemed to encompass constantly. Joe barely seemed to stay still, regardless of whether he was asleep or wide awake.

"I hate you," Joe said, but Caspar could feel him relaxing into the bed next to me, "Also it's 6."

Caspar groaned, rolling to his side and throwing his hand to wrap around Joe's side, tugging him closer so they were spooning as he relaxed back into the bed.

When Caspar woke up again it was due to two loud voices in the flat.

"Leavin' the blasted door open," A voice he recognized as Oli's proclaimed dramatically.

"It's like they want to be robbed or something," The other voice replied as he collided with something on the ground, probably a football or another pan Joe had been debating smashing together in his urgency to wake Caspar earlier. Caspar briefly pondered what time it was and if he should get up, but Joe's quiet snoring next to him convinced him otherwise.

"Where is everyone?" Oli said. Caspar heard him moving around the flat, opening up Joe's bedroom door and peaking inside carefully. Joe made a snuffling noise in his sleep as Caspar disentangled their limbs and proceeded to sit up.

Marcus let out an excited whoop, when he entered the room, vlog camera in hand and found the two of them still in bed. Oli trailed in behind him, eyebrows raising as he assessed the situation.

"Hello," Caspar greeted them both, cheeks turning faintly red as he glanced down at a sleeping Joe. At least they both had clothes on. That should save them from the brunt of the teasing they would most likely endure.

Joe mumbled something incoherent in his sleep before moving slightly.

"You know it's 11 right?" Oli asked after a minute, flipping the button on his camera so it turned off.

"Shit," Caspar groaned, "Joe came in here to wake me up and help him clean the flat,"

"And that ended with you two cuddling in bed how exactly?" Marcus asked with a laugh.

"It was 6," Caspar said as if that would explain everything.

"Do you always cuddle?" Oli questioned with a teasing grin. Caspar ignored him as he stood up and pulled on an old grey sweatshirt. He bent down to pick-up the fallen pillow before smacking Joe in the stomach with it.

Payback for the pan smacking earlier, Caspar thought to himself, hiding his grin as Joe shot upwards with a sudden, "Whaa?" noise erupting from him.

"Oh good, Joe's joined the land of the living." Marcus grinned, "Lunch now?"

"Yeah," Caspar grinned, nodding at him in agreement. "Joe, get up," he said as Joe rolled over in the bed, dragging the sheets over his head. Joe opened one eye again, blinking at Oli and Marcus in confusion before his eyes widened comically.

"Bloody hell, Caspar, we were supposed to clean!" He screeched, turning his glaring face towards his friend. Caspar shrugged, pulling at the strings on his hoody awkwardly.

"Yeah, well, now we're getting food," he said shooing the others out of the room. He could hear the squeak of the bed springs as Joe got up. Caspar watched as Marcus discreetly flipped the off button on his camera, tucking it into his side pocket. He hoped Joe had been to sleepy to notice that they'd been recording when they walked in.

Joe always got weird when the viewers discussed their relationship in a romantic light, as if they were more than just friends. It never bothered Caspar, as long as the two of them knew who cared about speculation.

Or at least that's what he told himself.