Chapter Fifteen

With Fenrir and Dalla at my sides, I walk out of the house towards Viktor's adoptive parents' house, pulling my hood up over my head to come down and almost covering my eyes. Nearing their house, we skirt around the side to pick Viktor up through the back door, as I usually do. Knocking quietly on the door, his mother answers and lets us into their small kitchen.

"Lady Ember! I had figured you would want Viktor with you. I had him put on one of the sets of clothes you gave him. You are too kind to him, and to us Lady," she babbles as usual.

"Cait, you know I will take care of him however I can. He is like a son to me. I do not wish for you to have to struggle to take care of him, so I will provide for him and the rest of your family, as much as I can," I tell her gently, as I always do.

"Bless you, Lady Ember," she says as Viktor bounds in the room.

"Anne! Mama said you were going to get me today!" he says excitedly.

"Yes, Sevgi. Of course, we are going to the festival together, just like we always do. Come along, grab your cloak dear," I say, badgering him like a mother would do. He grabs his cloak from his mother and runs out the door in front of me towards Dalla and Fenrir. He takes their hands and starts to pull them towards the gathering area. I laugh as I bid Cait goodbye as I close the door behind me and follow behind my friends as they are pulled along by the small toddler.

"Sevgi, stop pulling them along, you may pull their arms off," I say softly in a joking manner. He releases their hands and comes back to stand beside me. He reaches in my cloak to find my hand and holds it in place of my friends'.

"Anne, will you teach me about the different tribes that are all here?"

"Of course, Sevgi. There is the Demet tribe, who are earth mages. This is Ana's birth tribe, my grandmamma is the elder. Katla will most likely inherit the tribe's leadership when grandmamma passes away. Then there is the Esen tribe, their elder is Abrianna. She is here with her sons, Finn and Lucas. Her husband died during an attack by an unknown party." I gesture over to where she is standing, talking to Annabella, the Neil clan elder. "The lady standing next to Madame Abrianna is the elder Annabella, the elder of the Neil clan. Their tribes are close with one another; they spend a lot of time together. Madame Annabella is here with her daughter, Breena. She will take over the tribe once her mother dies. Madame Annabella's husband also died during an attack." I look around to fine the other elders.

"Over there are Madames Seanna and Alanna, elders of the Damla tribe, the water mages." I gesture over towards where they are greeting my grandmother.

"Anne? Why does the Damla tribe have two Modirs?" he asks curiously.

"Sevgi, it's because they love each other, even though they are both women. When Madame Seanna's husband died, she met and fell in love with Madame Alanna. So they decided to get married. Madame Seanna had a child with her late husband. Kade, he is standing over there," again I point to where he is standing, over with Jokull.

"There there is the Terra clan, earth mages. The elders are Fen's age. The previous elders relinquished their leadership early when their Sire was injured and their Madame wanted to care for him herself. So they performed the ceremony and passed on their titles to their son, Logan. Later, he married and so the tribe again had their Fadir and Modir once again. Last but not least, there is the Fannar clan. Their leader is Finnur, of the snow mages. He is here along with his son Keegan. I know not where his wife is, I have not seen her for a few years. Are you satisfied with what I have taught you now Sevgi?"