Running

It had been, at least, several nights since Harrison had kidnapped me. He was teaching me how to survive. I had a flashlight in my backpack, but he didn't let me use it often. Mom must of called the police because people were looking for us and they had dogs. Harrison didn't want them to take me away.

We had to hide from the searchers and dogs. We went in creeks and led them in circles. Sometimes, I heard them talk and say Harrison was drugging me or something. I didn't want to run, he made me or I would get left behind somewhere. We were running from the dogs again. It was Harrison's fault. He had to litter. "Don't want this trash in my bag anymore. I'll just bury it." Dumb-butt.

Harrison whisper-yelled, "Go left. We'll confuse them. And then follow the marks back to the cave." Then he veered right.

"Wait- Fine." I whispered to myself and ran to the deer path. It was going downhill and was pretty steep. I slipped on some loose gravel and fell. Rolling down the rest of the hill, I ended up getting stuck in a hole in the ground. My legs were bent because there was a curve and I couldn't get them unstuck since they were pinned together.

I yelled and called for help. I didn't want to be stuck. They would help me. I waited to hear if anyone heard me. Then I yelled again after I thought enough time passed. I thought I heard someone start down the hill.

"There's the girl. It looks like she's stuck." Someone yelled.

It took a little bit, but they got down the hill and gave me water while they called for someone to get shovels. It was long time before I got of the hole. They asked where Harrison and I said I didn't know since he made us split up. Then I went to hospital for a check up. The doctor said I should get some real food in me and get some rest.

Mom and Scarlett were walking me to the car when Mom spoke, "I'm sorry. I thought Harrison just was scared. He always was worried when he didn't know where you were. He loves you. When he was little, he always wanted to say goodnight to his big sister. Ruke, sweetie, I'm glad you're ok. But it's my fault. I- I let him get bad. I didn't even try to get help. I was scared him. My own son." Mom started crying.

"Mom, it's ok. I love you." I hugged her.

"She's right, Laviy." Scarlett said. Mom stroked my hair.

It was a few minutes before she was better and we drove home. I went to bed after I changed into my jammies. I would go take a bath later.