No more

Draco's POV

The quill finishes scratching upon the parchment and the stupid owl flies off. Potter will never mess with me again after this.  Neither will Weasley, although I doubt he has the guts to after his mother sent another Howler.  The timing for my plan is really, if I may say so, impeccable. Especially after the Cho incident at Beauxbatons. The gossip is all around Hogwarts. It's a pity, Pansy will come crawling back to me as soon as she learns Potter is going with Cho and yet I will have to refuse. Oh well, it's not like she'll be going out with anyone else.

Hermione's POV
I just can't... believe he would even do that. Cho? I thought they broke up ages ago. So now they're just suddenly kissing in the hallway right in front of me? That's no accident. He brings his new girlfriend here to rub it in my face just like the arrogant, self- centred git he is. And what about Pansy? Weren't they supposedly going to the ball together ? Or did he make that up so he wouldn't have to go with me? I thought he liked me. I thought we had something special. Ron was a mistake, I admit it. But Harry was always there. All this time I have made myself believe I was over him, yet, I had always hoped that he would come back for me, apologise for all the stupid things he said. There was always that wish that we would get our happy ending. But maybe, we are just destined to be apart. I deserve better than him. I can do better than him. I will do better than him. I am beautiful, smart, who wouldn't want me? I am Hermione Granger and I'm over Harry Potter.

An owl flies through my bedroom window. Strange. I haven't gotten any post since I left Hogwarts. Out of pure curiosity,  I rip the paper open. It reads;

Dear Hermione ( if I may call you that)
First of all, I must congratulate you on being accepted for the exchange to Beauxbatons! I sincerely hope that the change of scenery is keeping you well and in good spirits. Now before I go on, I must apologise profusely for all I have done. I never meant all those insults but with my father enslaved to Voldemort, it was the one way I could take my anger out. It was immature, irresponsible and downright rude of me and I know how it must have seemed to you.
I heard about what Potter did. I can't believe he has that little respect for you. You're an incredible person and he treats you like dirt, much like I used to. Potter also caused the tragic breakup of Pansy and I. There was a rumour going around that Potter was going to ask her to the Yule Ball and it was then that she decided that she preferred him over me. I cannot have any spite towards her as now she is heartbroken over the news that Potter is going with Miss Cho Chang. We've both been hurt by Potter and I was wondering if I could extend to you an offer of my friendship of the utmost sincerity. If you would kindly accept, I will meet you at the Beauxbatons gardens on Sunday at noon. If not, please ignore this.

Do not treat yourself as responsible for Potter's demise, it was nothing to do with you. I greatly admire you Miss Granger, greatly. I've always admired you, you're just so... Perfect. I cannot apologise enough for everything I have done and I hope that somewhere in your kind heart you can forgive me.

Forever yours in debt,
Draco Malfoy

What? Draco Malfoy? This can't be real. But, it does sound so sincere. Yet so unlike Draco. I mean, olden English? It sounds like he's my old uncle. This brings a smile to my cheeks. Draco with a moustache and a top hat. He'd look like Abraham Lincoln from Antarctica. Personally, I think that would be even better to see than when Moody turned him into a ferret.
I skim over to the paragraph about how Harry tricked Pansy Parkinson into thinking he would go with her. Poor Pansy, I know what it feels like to be lead on by Harry. But those last few lines of Draco's letter, he says he admires me. A heat rushes to my cheeks. The Draco Malfoy admires me! He seems so different now. So mature. And his vocabulary is definitely impressive for someone who came bottom of his class in OWLs. I doubt Ron even knows the meaning of the word 'profusely'. I don't know whether I can trust Draco though. He's done so many terrible things. Maybe he really has changed. I suppose I better give him a chance. Besides, maybe I can convince him to wear a top hat?

Professor McGonagall's POV

'Flitwick, for God's sake, tell me what is going on!'
I grit my teeth. It's something to do with the Malfoy isn't it. It always is.
'Wel..well.. Draco was in the owlery. And... And... He sent a letter to.... To...'
Oh no. No. No. It can't be.
'To... Miss Granger...'
Flitwick bursts into sobs. I curse under my breath causing the tea table to collapse. The Dramione club has got to be behind this. I will definitely be having a word with Myrtle about this. Their pathetic little club will pay. If they can even call themselves a club. Ha, they don't even have t-shirts.

Hi! Daisy here! I was thinking of maybe starting a McGonagall fan fiction- kinda based on her personality here (not in this chapter. More of her character in the beginning) and it would be a lot of behind the scenes stuff at Hogwarts. I was just wanting to know if anyone here would be interested in it or possible read it? Thanks!

Please comment and vote because it really makes my day!