"What do you want to know?"   In good conscious I couldn't keep them in the dark about the SOD any longer.   Men could die just because I was so damn set on keeping my secrets.   Well fuck me, I hated being backed into a corner but that was exactly where I now found myself.

"Everything.   Start with why you ran in the first place."

"Several reasons.   But the main one was that I was no longer safe.   On my father's order I was not to be touched until I hit eighteen.  At the time I was almost sixteen.   Hunter didn't feel like he should have to wait.   He killed my father because of me."

Not that he was much of a father but he was better than Hunter.

"Are you sure he was the one that killed him and didn't just take the credit?   That is a serious charge, the VP offing the Prez." Hawk asked as he took a seat on the couch.

Closing my eyes I remembered that night like it was yesterday.   It was the first time I ever witnessed someone being shot.   Christ there was a lot of blood.   Turning I leaned against the wall for support as the memories transported me to that night.

"Since I was in the room and my father's brains splattered my shirt, yeah I am pretty fucking sure."  Fuck that night haunted me.   Watching my father's body jerk from the impact of the bullet and then collapsing to the ground.   Blood oozed out of the hole between his eyes and puddled around his head, which fell about three feet from where I was sitting.  Two of his trusted brothers also met their fate that night.

"And what the fuck where you doing in the room?  Your father should have known better than to involve you in club business.  What a piece of shit."   I could tell Mac was pissed by the tone of his voice.   And he was right, my father was a piece of shit, but not because of that.

"Look, my father hated, no loathed my existence.   My mother was a club whore and he had no choice but to claim her when he knocked her up.   That didn't stop either of them from fucking around on each other, there was no love.   My mom overdosed when I was ten.   My shitty childhood went from bad to worse from that point on."

Images from my childhood raced through my mind like I was watching a movie.

Me hiding in my room because I feared my father's wrath whenever he drank too much, the beatings that started with his hand and progressed to his leather belt, the verbal abuse and criticism that spewed from his mouth daily.   The years of being tortured just because I existed...

I sank to the ground as I tried to block out the memories that flooded out, block out the pain I endured.  

Arms surrounded me and I freaked out before I realized it was Mac.   Behind him Axel was trashing the room as Hawk tried to calm him down.

"Yeah sweetheart, you were speaking out loud.   Dammit Axel calm the fuck down she doesn't need this shit right now."

Mac picked me up and set me down next to him on the couch.   Axel finally took the seat on my other side although his body still radiating with anger. Flinching I tried to scoot away from him.

"Um...sorry, you didn't need to know..."

"Shut the fuck Harley, you have no reason to be sorry.   What that fucker did...well it is a good thing he is dead." Then Axel paused before he asked. "Your back?"  

"No." He didn't need any more explanation than that and didn't push for more.  

"What changed that made Hunter take action?  Was he protecting you?" 

"Fuck no Mac, Hunter was just as bad as my father.   Look the only thing my father did for me was to issue the order I was to remain untouched until eighteen, hell I don't even know why. Hunter was promised that I could be his after that, even though he was ten years older than me."

"So again what changed?" Hawk questioned.

"Puberty Hawk.   I grew tits and curves and Hunter was pissed that he couldn't touch me.   My father wasn't exactly balanced and the club was starting to realize that and Hunter saw an opportunity to kill two birds with one bullet.   He gets the club and me."

I could feel the anger in the air.   More brothers had joined us, standing in the hall and I wasn't sure how long they had been there but at this point it didn't matter. Their club was at risk because of me so they had a right to know why.

"So you ran.   After your father was murdered you ran?"

"Not right away Mac.   I was safe for a little bit as the old ladies surrounded me and kept watch.   For a few weeks I was safe, we had the funeral and the clubs lawyers finalized all my father's paperwork.   I was suddenly a very rich teenager.  I ran exactly four weeks from the day of his murder and have been on the run ever since."  I knew the exact date, since it was my birthday.

Getting up from the couch I needed to distance myself.   Even though the room was filled with twenty or so men, it was dead silent.  I hated the stares I was getting, the pity, and the sympathy that shone in their eyes.   Turning back to my window I tried to ignore all the unasked questions that hung in the air.

"What happened that caused you to run.   You said you were safe, what caused you to run?"

Axel followed me over to the window but still kept his distance. Even with the space separating us, I could still feel him behind me.

"Simple, I was no longer safe..."

Without meeting anyone in the eye I walked into the bathroom and closed the door.   I needed to get my shit together, both literally and figuratively.