Witch's Cookbook

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeees..." I said in a rough tone as I picked the phone. I was a grouchy person in the morning, especially if the caller's id was 'Jackson the Jackass'.

"Did you hear about all the craziness that went down yesterday night at the parent-teacher conference?" Jackson's loud voice boomed through the speaker.

"Tone it down a bit dumbass, I'm still half asleep." I growled out, before slowly getting out of bed. "And what the hell are you talking about?"

"Didn't your parents go?" He inquired. "It was mandatory."

"They're traveling, but I doubt that's any of your business." I smoothly lied. "Now tell me what happened..."

"Right, so the mountain lion attacked in the parking lot and Mr. Argent shot it or something..."

"I see..." I replied. And indeed, I could see it. The Argents had the mountain lion released so that nobody would figure that it really was a werewolf killing people, to stop mass panic. I had to go check on baby-werewolf and his human minion, just to make sure their hadn't reveled themselves to the hunters or something alike. And I had to check on Derek, he knew a lot about the Argents and I did promise Laura to help him out.

"Anyway, thanks for the news ... bye Jackass." I quickly said before ending the call.

I was about to go get ready to leave for school when I heard the front door opening

"Ex Vampire-chan, your witch is home." Liliya voice called out. I quickly went to greet her, I desperately wanted to know what she found out.

"What did you find out?" I inquired immediately, not even bothering to say hello.

"Call down." Liliya huffed. "Not even an hello? Pumpkin don't be mean." The teen witch pouted like a small child, and I couldn't control the small laugh that escaped my throat.

"Come on Lils, your killing me here." I groaned, before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the couch. "Sit down and tell me everything."

"Ok. Since the witches in New Orleans are being controlled by Marcel and the ones in Salem are a bunch of sticks in the mud I went to the closest city with a high numbers of witches around..." The witch explained. "Los Angeles."

"Ok, and what did you find out?" I growled out, her story telling abilities sucked.

"First of all, Silas is looking for you." She informed me in a very serious tone.

"What?" I whispered, half shocked. So not only was I running from the Original Hybrid now I had to worry about Silas the most ancient being in the history of immortal beings? It was official, my life sucked.

"Yes, he's also threatening the doppelganger around..." She continued. "Which means, if the Salvatores know where you are they are most likely throwing you under the bus to get rid of Silas."

"Great, of course they would sell me out for the likes of Elena Gilbert." I growled out, spitting the name of my carbon copy out like venom.

"In good news, Klaus is very busy. Apparently he got a werewolf chick preggers, so not only is he busy fighting Marcel but he's also getting ready to be a daddy." Liliya informed with humor present in her tone.

"Seriously? I pity the kid already." I replied scoffing at the notion of Klaus having a child. I,however, felt a pang of sadness thinking about Elijah, who I knew was trying to save his idiotic brother from himself.

"Yeah anyway, but I did find very good news for you..." Liliya started.

"Hurry up and tell me already Liliya!" I ordered, losing my patience.

"So I didn't find anything on the cure ... only that it was meant to be used on Silas, turning him from immortal into what he was before... a witch." Liliya calmly stated.

"And how is that any good for me?" I replied, glaring. This didn't make any sense! So the cure turned immortals into what they were before ... it meant nothing.

"Because while I was in L.A I found something, and it might be the answer we were looking for..." The teenage witch said, before sitting up and walking towards her bag- which she had left near the door.

"You see, at first I also didn't understand why I hear some of my ancestors talking about it on the other side. Witches like to talk, even dead ones." She continued, as she crouched next to her bag and started looking for something. "When I went o L.A I found my answer when I saw a vampire attacking a girl, at first I thought it was the normal type of feeding until four others appeared and started chanting with the girl..."

"Now normally I would go and introduce myself, you know badass vampire killing Witch to badass Witch and all that. Unfortunately for them, the moment they saw me they attacked." I continued to listen to her story, and I had to say that in less than thirty minutes her story telling ability had improved, because I was bemused with her tale.

She grabbed something from the bag and got up, from where I was sitting it looked like a old cookbook- harry potter cookbook style.

"They underestimated me, and that was their downfall. I was really surprised by the attack, witches don't attack witches without a reason and when I picked up the girl's bag I understood everything..." The blue eyed girl slowly put the grimoire in my lap, and I gasped looking at the tittle of the ancient looking book.

"No way..." I whispered.

"Yes way, and then I understood what the spirits were telling me from the beginning..."

I quickly glanced up to look at her, a socked expression stamped on my face.

"The cure turns immortals into what they were..." I whispered, as my hand traced the tittle of the book on my lap.

" Travelers "