Courage (Hetalia fanfic)

• Dedicated to To all the Hetalia-fan-fiction authors out there!

Hello! This is something I thought of on a rainy day so here it is.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belarus didn't like his games. That was all there was too it. He was cruel, sick, sadistic, and yet she still had to keep up the facade of an adoring little sister whenever she was around anyone. She hated it.

"True, I did love him once." she thought to herself as she lay on her bed, oblivious to the frantic knocking on the other side of her door. The game had become a little too violent. "But I'm over him now. Way over him."

Flashback:

Russia came home drunk. She should've suspected as much. He had been out drinking with the other allies and came back late at night while she was sleeping.

The crash of objects bieng hurled across the room downstairs woke her up.

She raced across the wide room and yanked the door open. She looked down the hallway towards the big oak staircase and saw Russia's huge shadow on the wall. She quietly closed her door, not wanting to wake any of the Baltic nations that slept on either side of her and in across the hall. She knew that they were probably up and getting dressed to cater to Russia's needs, and sure enough, the sound of Latvia's crying penetrated her eardrum. She took her small pocketknife out of its hiding place just in case and slipped it into her inside pocket of her nightgown. She flew down the hallway and paused at the top of the stairs, hesitating at the landing, and she saw Russia throw her chair across the room.

"Natalia!" he screamed. She stiffened. She heard the Baltics approach her from behind. "NATALIA!" he yelled again, crashing into the umbrella stand. She turned to the three nations that stood, gaping at her. "Go back to bed. Pretend this never happened. He'll be fine in the morning."  she said, the familiar knife edge creeping back into her voice, and two of the baltics tripped over their heels in an attempt to get away.

Lithuania remained. He wasn't fooled. He took a step toward her. She stepped back. "Natalia, why do you let him do this to you?" he demanded of her. She shook her head. she didn't have the time to deal with him now. She pushed past him and started down the stairs. She quietly tiptoed into the hall where he was.

He turned around and smiled pleasantly. "Ah, Natalia, you finally came down~da?" She swallowed and nodded. "Come to big brother, Natalia." he said, beckoning her. She took several steps towards him, and stretched out a hand. He took it, and then yanked her inside the study.

------------------------------------------------End Flashback--------------------------------------------------------------

"Natalia! Natalia! Open up! What did he do to you?" Lithuania's voice cried from outside the door. She crawled over to the door, and regained her posture. She opened it just as Lithuania was getting ready to break down the door. He could never do it, but he tried, and soon was sprawling on the floor of her bedroom. She closed the door quickly, and went over to him. "What?" she said, her voice muffled by her tears. He righted himself, and took a good look at her.

He could see the faint slap mark on her face, and felt his brain blow up in anger.He yanked her closer to him, and she stifled a scream. This was too much like the game. He peered closely at her arm, and he saw the bandages cascading in a criss-cross pattern on her skin. He ripped one off, and she actually did scream. Blood started to pour out of the abnormally large wound, and Lithuania panicked. "Oh man, I'll go, I'll get some fresh bandages." he stuttered, and ran full tilt out of the room.