chapter 2

I can't take it, to many fairy tales to listen to! why does he have to make them up and keep repeating them? I bet if he had supper with us again he'll tryt o convince us that the Easter bunny and tooth fairy is real.                                                                                                 

       "Marry, is Grand pa's story true?" Julianne was standing it my door way."No! I've told you again and again that there not true, and besides, Grand pa has never even been on a boat before, and even if he was, he would of got sea sick. Grand pa can't even ride in a car without feeling sick." I said, I could tell this was news to her because she had a surprised look on her face. 

   Later on Grand pa came over, I just tried to ignore all the questions Julianne had, like, did the captain catch you when you were in his room? Or why were you not asked to do stuff like swab the deck? The worst question was "did you bring the book?" When she asked he  took out the book right away. "Of course I did, should I read it?" Julianne's eyes opened wide, I tried to leave the room when Julianne grabbed my writ and pulled me over to Grand pa. For a girl as small as Julianne, she is very strong. "One stormy night, a little girl named Lilac was watching her father train to go to war..." "This is so 1920's." I mean really, now you choose if you want to go to war, back then boys 18 and over had to I thought. (I'm not sure if it's really 18 and up, the ideas just caught in my head and I can't get it out.)"Anyways,  "Her father was a writer before he had to go to war, he would go on adventures and then write about it.  He gave his daughter a map and a sword he had just in case on his adventures. "Take these, write this story, you can be a great writer some day." He told her. Grand pa finally got to hungry to read anymore, thank god.