The Legend

"t'was a stormy day, the warrior's ship was rocking back, and forth. the water was cool and the sky was a dark gray. The captain was  ordering the men around, but i just waited..."

   "Grand pa, were you really there, you know, on the ship at the same time as the great storm hit?" Asked my little sister Julianne, she believes  all the  stories my grand pa makes up, and repeats all the time.

  "Of course they are, every story I tell is true." He said, pretending to be offended. "If all of them are true how come there's  magical dragons or wizards in them all?" I challenged."No there isn't!" He said, I gave him one of those looks you give people when you and them both know that you know your side of the argument is more true then they wish it is.

   "Suppers ready!" Mom yelled from the kitchen. I think she could here us arguing  and is to exhausted to listen to it any more.(usual mom thing.) My guess was almost certain when dinner wasn't even in the oven yet.

      "So what's for supper Julianne asked, mom look relived that Julianne had changed the subject. "I thought since it was a since I'm too tired to make something to eat  we'll order pizza."She explained.  

    "Grand pa, can you finish the story now?" Julianne asked "NO!" I said, he acted like he didn't hear me," Okay, the captain was ordering men around but I just waited until he was distracted and when he finally looked away I ran into his room and looked for the map, he hadn't told anyone where we were going or how long it would take us to get there, when I found it,it said the lost rings of the soldiers. I didn't under stand it so I took it to my room. Years later I read a book called The legend of the soldiers.