chapter two *breakfast*

We walked down To breakfast. When we got down there we found my brother arguing through the phone, and we started beside him. I walked over the the breakfast bar and got a plate of bacon, and pancakes. I got myself some coffee and sat down to eat.

"No I don't care, I need to know if my mom is alive!" Jackson yelled through the phone. I ignored him and looked at the news. When I saw what was on the news I understood him. The yellow fever had broken out again. Jackson hung the phone up. "We need to get out of the hospital fast, we have to get locked up yellow fever will hit us like a truck, hurry and finish eating. We have to go home." And with what he said I stood and ran to Kalem.

"Kalem we need out of here fast."
I said pointing at the TV.

He nodded and took my hand, I motioned to jackson and we walked out of the hospital and to the truck jackson had brought. "We need to raid the grocery store. The one out near the park, in the we emty town." He said softly opening the backseat door for me, I got in and so did he. He put his arm around me and jackson nodded, doing what Kalem said to do.when we got home Kalem came into the house with us and I to him he could stay. We walked in and I yelled "Mom are you home?!"

"Ari?" She said coming into the front room with an apron on.

"MOM!"I yelled and ran up hugging her very tightly.

"Whats going on Ariana?" She said hugging Me back.

"The yellow fever broke out again." Jackson said walking over and turning the TV on.

Her smile went away and she frowned, watching the TV carefully. "Kalem, go get any clothes you may need." She mumbled carefully

Me and Kalem went to his house and packed clothes, pictures, and other memories and things he would need. Kalem's parents had died in the first round of yellow fever, and everyone felt bad for him. I lost my father in the first round too. After a month we thought it was ober, but I guess not. Kalem sat in the car silently and drove carefully. I sat and stared at him for so long. I smiled smally but as we drove by my sisters house, I lost my smile. I saw then men in yellow carrying a body out of the house. Kalem stopped for me. I sat there, starting to cry but then I saw her walk over to the doorway, crying and hold a small child. I relaxed and got out of the car, running over and hugging her very tightly. "I thought it was you!" I whispered into her ear. She told me it was her husband, after a while I left back to my home.my brother stood in the living room watching tv and mom was making dinner, I'm guessing. It smelled of chicken soup in the house. I smiled at her and she ran over and hugged me.

"I smell Kaitlyn on you.." She said winking.

"Yeah, we saw her. Her husband died.." I said quietly.

My mom nodded and went back to cooking, I walked over to Kalem and hugged him and he kissed my forhead.