Chapter 1

Blake's POV

It felt like I'd been on the road for days when in reality its more like 10 hours. Almost time for a pit stop, and a call for the last of my directions. Jake had better not make me call ten times before he crawls out from under his truck to answer. I was impressed, it only rang twice, but it wasn't Jake's voice on the other end. The voice was familiar but I couldn't place it. "Hey Blake, this is Jake's friend B, he's stuck under the truck. Where are ya darlin? I'll guide ya the rest of the way. " Damn his voice is familiar. And sexy as hell. "Thanks for not making me ware all day on Jake. I know I got south on old 129 and then head towards the Jefferson high school like I'm heading to his place. But he never told me the name of the roads I'm lookin for or a house number." I grumbled making B laugh. Ok what the hell now he really seams familiar and its driving me crazy. But I'm not gonna be rude and ask. I'll figure it out in a few hourse when I get to his house for the hog roast. "Well let's play this safe." B tells me as I'm settling back in my truck for the last of the drive. "Um ok how do we do that?" I laugh and am slightly curious. "Give me your number. I'll call ya from my phone. That way if ya get lost ya don't have to wait on slow poke Jake here to answer." "That sounds like a great plan!" I tell him as I start the truck. Hell on Wheels comes blaring out the speakers. I quickly turn it down and apologized. "Sorry. Forgot I cranked it that high. My number is 534-468-6368. Call me back from your phone with the last of my directions and I'll save the number." "You got it darlin. Give me a hot sec and I will." My phone rang not three seconds later. "B? That you?" "Yes ma'am it is. Ok so your gonna hang a right off 129 onto accommodations rd. Then ya need to look for Wilkins. It should be on your right coming from that say. If it ain't still take it cuz that my road. The number is 6734. And Jake said don't waste time stopping for a selfie with the damn road sign. Just get your butt here. His words not mine." "Tell him I said to stuff it. I'll get there when I damn well get there." "He wasn't kiddin when he said your a sassy little thing. " "Oh no. Im not lacking when it comes to attitude. Thanks for the help B. I'll see ya in a bit." "No problem darlin. Just don't get pulled over listening to the rest of that album or any of the others." Was the last thing he said. Which stuck me as kinda odd. Why didn't he just say BG or Brantley. Oh well. I cranked the radio back up and jammed to rock this town as I Started putting more miles behind me. This was going to be one hell of a good vacation.