"Chris! Damn!" I exclaimed.

"Oh! Chris! Chris!" Ashley pounded on the door.

The door finally opened to reveal Chris. "Did you see it that time?!" I asked him.

"I saw... Something. But where'd it go?" He replied.

'Seriously? That kid is as stubborn as a mule.' I thought.

I walked over to the counter and found a pair of scissors, along with an industrial lightbulbs catalogue. One of the lightbulbs in the book had been circled. I put the scissors in my back pocket, because I thought they would be useful later on.

"Uh... Guys?" Ashley called to us, and picked something up.

We walked up to find a camera sitting on a shelf, lazily hidden by a couple of boxes.

"Do you think it's the guy?" She suggested.

"Well, that'd make sense, I guess..." Chris nodded his head

"I don't like being watched." Ashley mentioned.

"Yeah I'm not such a big fan of having someone spy on me either." I agreed.

"Better?" Chris asked as he turned the camera to the side.

Ashley turned the camera back to face her, bent down, and put her face directly in front of the camera, then she yelled, "Go suck an egg!"

She turned the camera back around. She looked at Chris and said, "Now it's better."

We kept searching for Sam and entered a hallway that looked like it was falling apart.

"What the heck, where are we?" I asked.

"This? This is like a whole 'nother hotel. I had no idea this was here." Chris told me.

We got to a room where we found a package of fake news papers. The he papers said that there was an arsonist on the loose in the mountains.

"Why would someone make fake newspapers?" Ashley asked.

"That's... A really good question." Chris replied.

"Guys." Ashley stopped us. "I'm getting a really weird feeling from all this..."

"Huh?" I was kind of confused.

"I can't shake the feeling that those fake newspapers have something to do with that guy who killed Josh." She explained.

"Like what? Like it's a... setup or something?" Chris asked.

"Yeah... But... I mean, how? It's just... It almost makes sense but it feels like we're missing something..." She claimed.

We walked into a room with a bunch of saws and hooks. The door closed behind us. Something definitely didn't want us turning back.

We found a projector in one of the rooms and turned it on. The projector started to play the tape from the prank last year.

"It's the prank..." I said quietly.

"Uh... This is a little... This is a little uncomfortable, huh?" Chris muttered.

Until dawn: Love and danger (Josh X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें