Chapter 27- Old Narnia Meets Its End; Welcome to the Real Narnia

Yay!!! I got it written today! :) Now all I have to is post the last chapter as it's already written. (And we're finally back to Ana's point-of-view!) But I'm going to make you guys wait a couple because I might change it a little bit here and there. Also because I have an idea for the continuation of this series. I just need your guys' opinions on whether I should do it or not. (It's posted at the end of the chapter.) Also there was a video trailer I made for The Last Battle way before I wrote this story. I'll post it with the next chapter because I don't want to spoil this chapter any more than I already have with the title(s). I combined two different chapters into one so it needed different titles. Also because I couldn't think of one that incorporates both chapters. (Be warned: First half is a bit depressing)
.........................................................

All of us stood on Aslan's right side as we looked through the open doorway. The fire had gone out. There was blackness blanketing the earth. We wouldn't have been able to tell we were looking into a wood if we had not see the where the dark shapes of the trees ended and the stars began. But when Aslan roared again, we could see another black shape out on our left.

To be technical, we didn't actually see a shape on our left. What we saw was another patch where there were no stars. The patch seemed to rise higher and higher until it became the shape of a man, the hugest of giants. All of us knew Narnia well enough to figure out where he was standing. He had to have been on the high moorlands that away to the North and beyond the River Shribble.

Suddenly, I was reminded of my last journey through Narnia, Jill's first. We were beneath those moors in search of the Lost Prince. In the deeps caves, I remembered seeing a great giant asleep an we were told his name was Father Time. We were also told that he would wake on the day the world ended. (I couldn't remember if I mentioned this in the two chapters from 'The Silver Chair' but that's when this is referring to.)
"Yes," said Aslan, even though we had not spoken. "While he lay dreaming his name was Time. But now that he is awake he shall have a new one."

The great giant then lifted a horn to his lips. We could tell only by the change of the black shape he made against the stars. A short while later- actually it was quite a bit because sound travels so slowly- we heard the sound of the horn. It was high and terrible, yet it was of a strange, deadly, beauty.

As soon as he blew the horn, the sky became full of shooting stars. It was dozens upon dozens of shooting stars. One alone is an amazing thing to see but these were hundreds of thousands. They kept coming until it looked like silver rain. That was the best way to describe it. Then after that had gone on for awhile, I could've swore there was another dark shape against the sky as well as the giant's. It was in a different place though, right overhead, in the very roof of the sky as some might call it. There were no stars there, just blackness. But around it the downpour of stars continued. Then starless patch began to grow, spreading further and further from the center of the sky. First a quarter of the whole sky was black, then half, until finally the rain of shooting stars was only going on low down near the horizon.

All at once, with a thrill of wonder and a sense of terror, we all realized what was happening. The spreading blackness was nothing like a cloud covering the sky. No. It was simply emptiness. The black part of the sky was the part in which no stars were left. All the stars were falling. Aslan had called them home.

The last few seconds before all the stars fell was full of excitement. Stars began falling all around us. But they're much different from the stars back home. There they are only great flaming globes but here, they are people. Edmund and Lucy didn't seem surprised by this fact at all as the rest of us did. So instead of stars, we now found showers of glittering people, all with long hair like burning silver and spear like white-hot metal. They came rushing down out of the black air, faster than any falling stone. As they landed they burnt the grass and one by one, they moved past us a stood somewhere behind, a little to the right.