Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

‘We are,’ Ginny grinned, tugging at Harry’s hand. Harry, looking a little bewildered but excited nonetheless, stood up too and handed Ginny her coat before grabbing his own. Ginny then pulled Audrey up who also pulled Percy, ‘and they’re coming too. We’ll all get a couple of drinks.’

‘Aren’t you coming, Fred?’ Isabelle asked while Percy and Audrey got their coats on. Fred glanced up at her and Hermione turned her eyes towards her too. Isabelle just smiled politely, waiting for an answer, while everyone else was bustling around.

‘I... uh... yeah,’ Fred shrugged, glancing at Hermione for a second and then back at Isabelle. He shrugged again, ‘I could do with a few drinks in me.’

‘Just a few,’ Hermione reminded him, watching as he stood up. Fred just rolled his eyes at her and Hermione sighed inwardly, he could be so irritating when annoyed at her.

‘Come with me,’ Fred said, holding out his hand for her to take.

Hermione looked up at him, surprised that he was actually talking to her and wanted her to come along. The dinner was fun but Fred hadn’t really paid any attention to Hermione since he was obviously still mad about the Draco thing. He didn't look too happy with her but at least he was talking to her, that was a definite plus. Hermione took his hand and pushed herself out of her seat.

‘Sure,’ she said, grabbing her jacket and pulling it on.

Hermione smiled and waved at them, grabbing her purse from the table. She grinned at Victoire who was eating her last slice of pizza that Fred had refused to eat. Hermione left the bar with the others, dodging a couple of bulky men who were grabbing a few drinks after some football game. She got outside and the cold air hit her immediately which made her wrap her arms around herself for some warmth.

It was the dead of winter but that didn't stop the people from partying here tonight. Hermione watched as girls and men walked down the street, holding hands, drunk, and laughing like they had never laughed before. It was quite dark but the moon was out which gave the street a bright glow as cars drove past, spraying some snow onto the sidewalks. Hermione carefully crossed the street, tugging her coat tighter around her. She was suddenly glad that she had decided to wear tights rather than have bare legs since the cold seemed to be biting at her face.

The music was quite loud inside, like it usually was in clubs, which made Hermione smile as Harry had a huge smile on his face like a little kid excited for something so trivial. It wasn’t every day that they all had a chance to go out to a club, especially with kids back home. Hermione and the others walked into the club and at first she saw only darkness before blue and red lights came on, shining on the dance floor that was filled with way too many twenty-something year olds to be comfortable around. She looked around, her eyes going straight to the bar and Harry lead them over there. Hermione bumped into many people on the dance floor but Fred grabbed her waist and manoeuvred her to the side so that they got there safely.

‘Alright,’ Hermione nodded as they got to the bar. Harry and Fred looked at each other before simultaneously agreeing on a drinking competition. Hermione sighed, ‘don’t get too drunk.’

‘Yes, mother,’ Ginny rolled her eyes at her in a joking manner. Hermione chuckled a little and walked over to stand next to Ginny. They watched as Harry and Fred ordered drinks to see which one of them could drink the fastest. Ginny turned to Hermione, ‘Ron and Isabelle broke up.’

‘What?’ Hermione asked, taking Ginny’s hand and moving a little away from the boys as they started their game. Ginny just nodded and turned to the bartender to order two drinks for the both of them as Hermione  frowned, ‘how? When? What happened?’