twenty three / this is war

The Deathly Hallows pt 2

Allison Malfoy

Severus and I stood next to one another, a top the astronomy tower watching all the students pile in to the school. It was the beginning of a new year and times were dark. Not a single student looked happy, and it felt as though the magic had been sucked out of everyone. Some students weren't allowed to come back this year for their parents fears had overshadowed their students eagerness to return to Hogwarts. But who really was eager to come back? Hogwarts just wasn't the same anymore. "What are we to do, Severus?" I asked, looking to him, thinking back of the time I had called him by his first name and got detention for it.

"We must do as he asks." He responded, in his slow tone. I nodded, as he continued to gaze out to the students below, and I walked back down the steps of the tower.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Luna were staying in a house surrounded by ocean. I've seen them a few times these past 5 months, as I couldn't just avoid them. There were many things they still couldn't know, considering Snape reached out to me about 4 months ago, letting me in about how Dumbledore wanted him to kill him instead of Draco. And how really, Snape's been on Harry's side all along.
Draco, on the other hand, had no idea. But I knew Draco didn't want to be on Voldemorts side either.
I continued through the castle, as I was dressed in an all black pant suit, for that was the only thing I really wore these days, as I was a Malfoy now, dresses just weren't my thing. Once I finally reached Hogsmeade, I disapparated back to my home, The Malfoy Manor. But as soon as I arrived there, the dark mark began to call. So I apparated to Gringots bank, where the dark lord was walking through the bank, with bodies surrounding us. Narcissa, Lucius and Draco were there, as well, observing the destruction that I so clearly had missed. Voldemort walked with Nagini, whispering things in parseltongue. And then he left, without one word to me. But, I could feel his anger growing stronger.

"How are you dear?" Narcissa choked out to me.

"Fine." I told her. "Apparating isn't so great when you're pregnant." I continued, trying to make light of the situation. Being pregnant in a time like this wasn't ideal, as I knew there was a fight to come. I came up with a charm in which hid my stomach from everyone, making it look as though everything was normal and I wasn't with child, even though I was.

"I remember." She smiled, kindly to me before we all disapparated back home. And I had Narcissa and Draco meet me in the living room. They looked to me, concerned for what I was going to say.

"I'm going back to Hogwarts." I finally told them. But Draco didn't look too thrilled.

"No." He protested in a one word comment.

"I need to help Severus. I think it would be in his favor if he had me there. I can keep an eye out and help more with tasks." I insisted, somewhat lying, as my goal wasn't to really help with Voldemort's tasks, but Harry's. "So I'm going back." There were no answers for a good while, at they were clearly in a deep state of thoughts. But finally Narcissa spoke up.

"Okay." She agreed. Draco didn't look too happy about this, and I knew it. And the entire time I packed, he glared over at me with a disappointed look. But I needed to go back. It was my last year at Hogwarts and I had to do it, but I also needed out of this house.

"You know, you can show up at any time." I told him, as I shoveled my clothes into my trunk along with my old Gryffindor robes.

"Why would I want to do that?" He asked, not realizing how offensive he sounded.

"Oh, I dont know. Maybe because your wife and unborn child will be there?" I turned to him, rolling my eyes. He straightened up from leaning against the wall and walked over to me, taking my face in his hand and kissing the top of my head.

"I don't agree with this, you know." He muttered, upset with me.

"I know." I told him, with a small smile, as he was just going to let me go without putting up a fight, and I was thankful for that. He knew how much Hogwarts meant to me, and he knew he couldn't take it away.

I arrived around midnight and stood in Snapes office. "You look repulsive in those robes." Severus said, out of nowhere when I had walked in. I looked down at my Gryffindor robes.

"Thanks, buddy. Appreciate it." I rolled my eyes.

"You will return to my office each night. When the dark lord calls on us, we go together. Understand?" He told me, sternly.

"Yes sir." I mocked while walking out. As I walked down the long hallway to the Gryffindor corridors, I heard laughing coming from behind. I turned to see Pansy and one of her little friends coming from one of the corridors, as they stared over at me, here we go again. "We have a problem?" I asked. They just snickered and scurried off. My jaw tensed up but I dealt with it. As I began to say the password, Neville came out of nowhere.

"We have a new room." He said. "Its just a giant corridor. Follow me." And so I did. And there they were. Harry, Ron and Hermione. I ran over to them and hugged them tightly. They had been discussing the next horcrux. Ravenclaws, Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs were in here.

"The next horcrux has something to do with Ravenclaw." I rushed into saying.

"The lost item." Luna said. "The diadem."

"Harry!" Ginny came running in, interrupting the conversation abruptly. "Snape knows. He knows you were at Hogsmeade." She informed us all. But I knew he knew. This had to be how it was, and I was beginning to find it to be very difficult trying to act oblivious to Snape's secret.

We all gathered in the Great Hall, which just wasn't so great anymore and stood in single filed lines. Snape came marching forward to the podium.

"Many of you are wondering why I have summoned you at this hour." Snape began. "It's come to my attention that earlier this evening Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade. Should anyone student or staff attempt to aid Mr Potter. They will be punished. Any person whom has knowledge of him, will be treated as equally guilty. Now if anyone In here has any knowledge of Potters appearance, I would like them go step forward... Now."

There was no movement or words spoken. But then the clank of shoes appeared and everyone gasped to see Harry step forward.

"It seems, despite your strategies. You still have a little bit of a security problem, Headmaster." Harry said. And then the Order walked in with Ron and Hermione. "How dare you stand where he stood. Tell them how it happened that night. How you looked him in the eye, the man who trusted you and killed him." I grew slightly uncomfortable at this comment, since I was the only person who knew that was a part of Dumbledore's plan.
Snape whipped out his wand but Mcgonagall shoved Harry aside and began to fight him. Snape then dissapeared and Mcgonagal lit the place up with light as people cheered in joy. But the cheering drew to an end when it became cold and dark and we could hear Voldemort slither inside our heads. A girl let out a scream. And then another. And another.

"I know that many of you want to fight. Some of you may even think its wise. Give me Harry Potter. I shall leave you alone if you give me harry potter. You have one hour." Voldemorts voice rang.

"Well what are you waiting for, someone grab him!" Pansy shouted. But we stood around him.

"You want to get hit?" I snapped at her, as she looked to me, confused.

"Mr. Filch please lead miss Parkinson and the rest of the Slytherin house to the dungeons." Mcgonagall asked, as everyone cheered as Slytherin was escorted out, and students began to prepare for the worst.