Chapter two: You again...

~Bri~

We didn’t see Christofer again after the concert. Thank God. But Julz CLAIMED she got his number. Don’t think I fully believe THAT one.

-----------------------------
*Two weeks later*
-----------------------------

Jake looked down at me -look, he’s 5’11 and I’m 5’2 and a half. Don’t judge- and smiled. “Nervous?”

“Well,” I crossed my arms. “We are doing an A Day To Remember cover.”

“You’re gonna kill it, Breeeee Breeeeee.” he screamed lightly into my ear. -Bree Bree: The BrokeNCYDE song, of course-

I playfully punched him. “Shut up, Jake.” I giggled.

He smiled and winked at me.

Our bass player, Zack, threw is arm around my shoulders.  “You ready, Bri?”

I smiled at him. “You know it, Count Zackula.”

He smiled back.

“Next to the stage are some new comers.” The announcer guy, Fred, begun. “And surprisingly, their lead singer and guitarist, is in fact, a girl.” he laughed.

Zack took a deep breath. “Scream and sing your little gummy heart out, Bri bear.”

“You know I will.” I told him with confidence before giving him another wink.

“Let’s see how this plays out. Doing a cover of A Day To Remember’s The Down Fall Of Us All is, On The Wings Of Merlin!”

I walked onto the stage with a smirk on my face, knowing my band had my back. If I messed up -which I won’t- I knew they’d still be here for me. I also knew no one would know if I messed up because my band would cover it. “Hey! Were On The Wings Of Merlin. And, for the record, girl guitarist, do it better.” I laughed.

Jake grabbed his mic. “And what exactly do you do better?” he asked, winking at me.

I smirked, wiggling my eyebrows. “Everything.”

The crowd started laughing, followed by ‘ooo’s’.

“Alright.” I smiled at Jake. “Let’s do this!” 

“Da da da de da da da. Da da da de da da da” Jake, Zack, and Alex sang and clapped they’re hands.

“Let's gooooooooo!” Me and Jake screamed into the mic right as him and Zack started, literally, SLAMMING on their strings, and Alex on the drums.

I took a deep breath, letting the music consume me. I opened my eyes, smiling as I grabbed the mic stand and I begun to sing the lyrics.

“It's not easy making a name for yourself!
Where do you draw the line?
I never thought I'd be in this far!

Let's have some fun and never change that for anyone!
Try not to miss me when I'm gone!

Woooh! Wooooh!

I sold my soul to the open road!”

“I’LL LIVE MY LIFE ALONE!” Jake screamed from next to me.

--------------
*Play song in side bar --->*
--------------

We finished the song and the crowed went nuts. Me, Jake, Zack and Alex all smiled at each other happily, knowing we nailed that song.

“Alright, everyone!” I said into the mic. “We really hope you enjoyed our song. Come out and support us at band wars next week! Until then, we’re On The Wings Of Merlin and we’re flying outa here!”

We ran off the stage with huge smiles on out faces.

“You guys were eh-MAZING!” I told them before going in to give them all a huge hug. I‘m so proud of them.

-------------

When we came from backstage, Julz was there, ready to attack me. “Ohmygod!” she squeaked. “You guys were fucking incredible!”

I smiled. “Thanks, Julz.”

She was smiling back. Until she glanced at something over my shoulder. Then her smile turned to pure shock. “Oh. My. God.”

“What?” I looked behind me only to see THE MOST awkward looking -yet strangely hot- guy I’d ever seen.

Jorts (jean shorts), plain gray V-neck, arms and legs COVERED in tattoos, messy hair, geek glasses, and -of course- a cigarette hanging out of this mouth.

This wasn’t the guy me and Julz met two weeks ago. Yet somehow, it was. But still, I don’t like Christofer Drew, OR NeverShoutNever for that matter. Therefore, I marched over to where he was standing.

I was only a few steps away when Julz grabbed my arm. “You wouldn‘t.” she hissed in a whisper.

“Watch me.” I snatched my arm out of her hand, and continued to walk toward Christofer. “Well, well, well. Christofer fucking Drew.” I crossed my arms. “What brings you BACK to Charlotte so soon? Another concert? Or are you stalking me now?”

He gave me a smile. “Stalking you, but of course.”

I sighed. “And why would you be doing that?”

He blew out some smoke. “Maybe I like you.” he said, looking somehow completely serious and completely sarcastic at the same time.

From beside me, I saw Julia’s jaw drop.

I rolled my eyes. “Maybe you should leave.” I stood on my toes -which still didn’t make me nearly as tall as him. Damn tall people- to whisper in his ear. “Wouldn’t want fans to spot you. Ya know, you’re not that hard to miss. Being six feet tall and everything.”

He let out another puff of smoke and chuckled. “What fans?”

I narrowed my eyes. “Seriously?”

He leaned down. “Seriously.” he blew smoke in my face.

“Oh HELL no. You are SO gonna regret that.”

He bit his lip and leaned down closer to my face. “How so?

I slapped the cigarette out of his hand with more force than necessary. What can I say? The kid pissed me off.

He took a step closer to me. “That was rude.”

“Oh you haven’t seen rude.” I stepped closer as well.

He leaned down so that our faces almost touch. “What’s your problem with me?”

“Your music irks me.” I hissed slowly.

“And yours makes me smile.”

I flinched, backing up a in shock. “What?”

“Midnight Bella. I looked them up.” he smiled. “Your voice is beautiful.”

It was my jaw’s turn to drop.

“Is everything okay over here?” Jake asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

Christofer smiled and nodded, making himself look extremely high.

“Uhm….yeah.” I nodded.

Jake point to Christofer. “Who’s this?”

“You don’t know who Christofer Drew Ingle is?!” Julz screamed a little too loudly. I saw a few girls heads turn toward us, but they somehow didn’t see Christofer. Or maybe they didn’t care.

“No?” Jake shrugged.

“The singer from NeverShoutNever, dumb ass.” Alex walked over and held his hand out to Christofer. “What’s up man? I’m Alex.”

Christofer shook it with a smile. “Hey, Alex. I’m Chris.”

“Right on.” Alex said, putting his drum sticks in his back pocket.

“So Mr. NeverShoutNever,” Jake cocked his head to the side.  “what brings you to Amos? Come to hear some real music?” he laughed, looking at me as Alex and I laughed with him.

“Nah, man.” Christofer smiled. “I came to steal your lead singer.”

Yeah. That made us all stop laughing. “What?” we all said together shock. Well, Julz did more of a scream.

“I just happened to play a Midnight Bella song on the bus, and my manager liked your voice, Bri. He said it would sound great with mine. So, here I am.” he smiled again.

“Is that so?” I crossed my arms.

“Yep.” Christofer said, popping the P as he began to light another cigarette.

I roll my eyes. “And what would I be singing, exactly?”

“My songs. With me, of course.” he winked.

“Ha!” I snorted. “You must be crazy if you think I’ll EVER sing your stupid love songs with you.”

“Okay then.” he rocked back on his heels. “If you change your mind, Julz has my number.” He walked over to the door. “Later.” he nodded towards us before leaving.

I turned to Julz. “You sent him the link, didn’t you?”

She smiled sheepishly. “I just had to.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: It’s starting to get into the plot... Hehehe. Stay turned for the next chapter. (:

Vomment and fan! Love you for reading! :D

-Lexi Rain<3

Also, this chapter is Dedicated to DearestBreeanna, because her comment on the last chapter made me laugh. xD