I squinted my eyes and pursed my lips in distaste. As stupid as it might sound, it bothered me that the both of them were alone in Tyler's room; even though I knew that neither of them would ever even consider getting involved with the other.
Still, it frustrated me.
Jealousy, oh sweet, sweet jealousy.

"So, Troye", Joey said, obviously noticing me being overcome with weird emotions, "Have you anything planned for your album yet?"

I cleared my throat. "Um...Probably relationships and stuff like that. And you know, more mature things." The last bit made me feel a little weird. In fact, I had become a lot more experienced regarding my sexuality over the last year and I had already written some lyrics that had some potential, even though most of them were intimate.

The both of them looked a little surprised at that. "Don't you think 'Touch' was sexual enough? How much more graphic do you want to get with your songs, boy?", Grace asked. Her mildly concerned tone was overweighted by obvious amusement.

I thought for a second, trying to come up with a witty comeback.

"Fúck me in the mouth and lick my ass – but please don't bite.", I sang, sending my two friends into a fit of hysterical laughter.
"No but seriously", I said, "I'll try to show that I've grown as an artist, but keep stuff as PG as possible."

Joey nodded. "Yeah, I guess dad would like that", he said, referring to the head of Heard Well Records, "He always tells me he's in love with the rawness of your lyrics."

A shy smile grazed my lips. I was always bashful about receiving compliments of that sort. You'd think I'd had become used to it at this point, but I simply hadn't. "Tell him I appreciate the encouragement."

Just as I finished that particular sentence, Tyler barged into the room. He looked concerned and a little surprised to say the least. He stalked over to us. "Troye, go talk to Connor. Now. He has something to say but he won't talk to me about it. I figured he would consider you a little moretrustworthy."

He rolled his eyes and said the last word like it was an insult. I couldn't blame Connor though. It was not a secret that Tyler had a knack for gossiping about anyone and anything.

I just nodded and made my way over to Tyler Oakley's infamous bedroom. Shit got down in there. Or so I'd heard.
Whatever it was that was bothering Connor though, was way more important at the moment. He was so important to me, it physically hurt me to know he was having any kind of issues at the moment.
I pushed the door open and got inside. He was sitting on the bed, his gaze lifting as I closed the door.
"Hi", I smiled at him and sat down by his side. He just nodded at me.

"Are you okay, Con?", I asked cautiously

He laughed sarcastically. "Define 'okay', Troye." His jaw clenched and it looked like he was trying to swallow a lump in his throat. "Does one feel 'okay' when questioning the entirety of their identity?"

Oh well, here goes nothing.

"I can't really decide if you don't tell me what's wrong", I said softly.

"I guess I could try." He sighed. "Troye, you're one of my best friends, and it'd really suck if you heard it from someone else, so I wanted to tell you in person."

Connor took a deep breath. He was somewhat nervous, on edge really. I couldn't tell why – whatever he was trying to talk to me about; it couldn't be that bad, right?

Unless he wanted to announce that he had a girlfriend. That would be downright disastrous.
Not only would that mean that I had to show him some fake excitement, it would mean that my best friend would abandon my existence to make out with some sophisticated bitch that'd break his heart in the process, too.