tell.

"By signing this record deal I, Troye Sivan, declare myself willing to accept all of the mentioned terms and conditions that will apply from now on." I read quietly to myself, and partly to Connor, who was sat right beside me. This contract wasn't even too different from the one I had signed for my first EP, and that had worked out just well for me, so I figured this would, too.

I was a little nervous though, because I was in a room full of formally dressed business people. I was probably the only one under the age of twenty and everyone was looking at me, which didn't really help my anxiety either.

You probably think a publicly performing artist had to carry at least a little bit of confidence in them but that was not the case at all. I mean, sure, I could talk to people my age or to my friends, but whenever confronted with any kind of authority, I felt like a deer, caught in the headlights.

I was lucky enough to have Connor with me. He always managed to calm me down and make me feel safe. Like in this exact moment. It was obvious that I didn't know what and how to say it, the blush that was creeping up my neck making it even more obvious than it already was.

Connor's hand moved to my thigh, squeezing it lightly. I knew it was supposed to be a friendly, reassuring gesture, still it managed to make me squirm.
We shared a glance and he just nodded at me.

I looked at the official CEO of Heard Well Records, Eric Graceffa. I grabbed the pen Connor had given me and said: "We have a deal." Then I let it swiftly glide over the form.

The room erupted in the sound of applause and at first, I was sort of startled, but when I looked up, I saw smiling, delighted people facing towards me. I couldn't help but smile at them. It was too sweet to be real.
These strangers were applauding because they were able to work with someone like me for another project, and it just seemed surreal.

Suddenly, I was engulfed by warmth. Strong arms wrapped themselves around my thin frame, pulling me close.
"I'm so proud of you, Troye." Connor mumbled into my hair.
I nuzzled my face further into the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent. Like putty in his hands, I sunk further into his embrace and let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding.

"Thank you, Con. For everything."

What a way to start my Friday night.

-------------------------------------------------------

The party at Tyler's apartment was on full blast. This wasn't like your ordinary high school party, more like a bigger get-together with a few of our friends to celebrate me signing my second record deal. After I had tweeted Tyler about it, he'd organised the party within the next three hours.
How he'd done that, I had no idea. I'd come to the conclusion that he was a magician.

Everyone was having a grand old time, either chatting or drinking ALL the alcohol. I was currently sitting on Tyler's couch with Grace and Joey, two pretty close friends of mine, just talking about everything and nothing when I spotted Connor, leaning against a wall with his phone in his hands. He was looking tense, distressed even.
It was like the little amount of alcohol he'd drank had unmasked what he'd been hiding all day; not only from everyone around him, but also from himself.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who noticed, because only moments later, he was joined by Tyler.
He looked up from his phone and looked quite upset as Ty talked to him. It looked like he was uncomfortable, but with the music being loud as hell, there was no chance of overhearing what they were talking about.
When Tyler was done rambling about whatever, Connor shrugged and shook his head, to which the other man grabbed his wrist and pulled him along, into the conjoining bedroom, pulling the door shut in the process.