Twelve: Get the Ants Out of Your Pants

Start from the beginning

Cooper slowly stood, his hand reaching to her. She grabbed it and pulled him along, glancing back just to know if he was okay with the idea.

. . . .

John Summers glanced down at the scene, eyes squinting slightly. The fire was already put out, thanks to the fire department. Though something still felt wrong. Then again, everything felt wrong to him. Beatrice glanced up every now and then. When they were always fighting crime together he was the leader. To be honest, he liked it that way. (Wow, he just realized how sexist that sounded. Gretal would kill him right now.)

"Cosby's here." Richards said quietly.

He shook his head, sighing. "Let's go."

Beatrice jumped first, making an twenty-feet-dive to the ground before rolling perfectly. Summers rolled his eyes. "Show off."

He jumped down, almost tripping over a rock. He had no idea what was wrong with the universe today. Gretal got the chance to see him in his glasses and as of right now he's not doing a good job as Electric.

"Hello, Cosby." He mumbled once he reached the van.

"Electric. I see Athena isn't with you." The man gave him a scowl.

"Why would she be? She almost died. I'm guessing you still don't understand the fact that superheroes can get hurt too, huh?"

"Enough." Beatrice glared. "What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like, Trix. I'm looking for Fuego. If he's here his ass is going straight into prison."

John crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes. "I don't think so. You have zero proof of him being here. He saved one of your heroes the other day. You should appreciate that. You know once someone starts helping me as a sidekick they're part of the S.I.A. unless something happens. Well, that something almost happened. You should thank Fuego that she's not dead."

"I don't have to thank anybody. My team is leaving. I'll see you two soon. Tell Athena its not to late to change her mind."

"Never."

"Suit yourself, Summers."

With that, Cosby and his men packed up, hopping into the vans that surrounded the scene. Beatrice shook her head, crossing her arms. Her red hair seemed to flare up in the breeze, curling around John's arm.

"This isn't good," she whispered.

He nodded. "No shit, Sherlock."

"Fuck you, Summers."

"Technically speaking, you already did. But if you want to give it a go now I'm okay with that."

"You're so immature. Gretal is more mature than you are."

"Hell no. She's not even mature! You know you dig this, though."

"Oh, shut up."

"Denial."

. . . .

When John and Beatrice came back Gretal was in a frenzy. She immediately ran to them, giving them both a one-arm hug. She stared at them with hopeful eyes, which, FYI, almost killed John.

"So? Was Fuego there?"

"No. Not that I saw him."

She sighed in relief, running a hand through her hair. She nodded slowly, then looked back at them. "Do you mind if I stay the night. Cooper already left and I don't want to bother him, y'know?"

Beatrice smirked. "He's always bothered when you're around."

She glared. "Richards, the sexual jokes aren't really helping you out right now. I don't know if its John influencing you or what-"