Real stories

As you all know that Tulasi's story was an inspiration from something that happened to a friend of my friend, I am here to give an overview of what exactly happened.

So, that girl had an arranged marriage which was setup in a month and was taken away to a different city by her husband. He was a nice man who loved her dearly and took care of her. But once he got a call from his mother that the land which was given as dowry was lost, he dropped his wife back at her house. 

In the months her parents tried to gather the money they demanded, she didn't receive a single call from her husband.  It was only after the girl's family said they found a means to get the money did he come to her house to see her(On his mother's words).

A similar thing happened in their relatives' family too. The guy left the girl at her house but he didn't shy away from using his privileges as a husband(if you know what I mean). The girl who is uneducated has a daughter now and it's almost two years but she is still at her parents house and her husband still comes to meet her there.

Coming to Parvathi's daughter Kalyani, I don't remember where I heard it but it did happen. In fact, it happened to lot of people.

It's extremely sad that things like this happen and we can do nothing about it. Like literally, nothing. We live among people who don't know what humanity is; and it's a shame.

On August 15th, we proudly change our statuses in FB and WhatsApp as 'Proud to be Indian'. I don't exactly understand what's there to be proud of? Corruption or things like this happening even in the 21st Century and that there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Sorry for the long rant. Just upset hearing a lot of similar things happening to the people I care.

- JANAKI S