Chapter 6: Holding Back

The sun's just starting to rise, indicating that the day's about to begin. After yesterday I'm more determined. Determined to be the Black Widow, determined to destroy everyone that's in the Red Room including Ivan, and determined to leave this place and never come back. They took everything from us, they're probably the ones who killed our parents. They want to make me into a killer? Fine I'll be one, but they'll be sorry that they ever did. I swing my fist at the punching bag one more time and ignore the jolt of pain that runs up my arm, then I fall down onto the mat to catch my breath. The Soldier wasn't here this morning, so I decided to train. I missed my training yesterday so I have to push extra hard today. I could have continued to train after the officer punished me, but no instead he had to chain me up outside for hours.

I lay on the ground, staring up at the ceiling, waiting to hear the sound of the girls footsteps walking towards the washroom. After a couple more minutes I get up and head there anyways, they're taking too long. I quickly brush my teeth and wash my face. The swelling of my eye and cheek is completely gone and is replaced with dark bruises. I run my tongue over my busted lip and taste something coppery. I sigh out in frustration when I see it begin to bleed. Instead of cleaning it I just suck on my lip and head back towards the training room to train more. When I get there I don't find it empty. The Soldier stands there waiting, for me? I guess my training with him starts now. His back's turned towards me but I can tell he knows I'm behind him. As soon as he turns around his eyes immediately dart to my right arm, but his face doesn't change. It's just blank, nothing unusual. Except for the fact that his fists are clenching and unclenching. I close the training room door and advance towards him, stopping when we're face to face. After a couple more minutes of the Soldier staring at my arm he looks back up at me and steps aside, revealing the punching bag that's behind him.

"Punch it." He orders, his voice low and smooth. As I walk up to the punching bag I can feel his eyes on me, burning holes. He's distracting me. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, concentrating on what I'm suppose to do. Planting my feet firmly to the ground, I swing my fist at the bag. A loud thump echoes through the room, looking over at the Soldier I find him subconsciously rubbing his lips with his fingers in thought. His eyes slowly rake down my body in thought, making me squirm under his hard gaze. It isn't in the same way John studies me and I'm grateful for that. Eventually his eyes lock with mine again and I hold my breath, waiting to see what he'll do next. The Soldier takes a couple steps towards me and puts his hands on my waist, making me flinch at the weird tingly feeling that I begin to feel. He then twists my body slightly to the right so my back is to him. The Soldier then takes his right hand and reaches over, placing it on my stomach. I try my hardest not to close my eyes at the warmth of his hand.

"Keep tension here and swing again." The Soldier orders, his voice getting lower. I feel his breath hit my ear and it makes shivers run down my spine. He steps back and waits. The loss of his warmth makes me frown and I have to close my eyes and try to think straight. What the hell is going on? Is he doing this on purpose? Taking a deep breath, I put tension in my stomach and punch at the bag again. "Better. Now punch me." Turning towards the Solider, I swing my fist at him but he easily dodges it.

"Again." He demands. I try to punch him again but he effortlessly steps aside. "Let go Natalia."

I look up at him, confused. What is he talking about? I swing again, and again and again but I keep missing. The next punch I throw he catches and pulls me flush against his body so my face is only mere inches from his. "Why are you holding back?" He whispers harshly into my ear, then roughly pushes me away. I stumble back and clench my jaw in anger. I run towards him and swing my fist again but the Soldier grabs it and twists it behind my back. He grips the back of my neck with his metal hand and forces me down into a kneeling position. "Lose control. Fight me." He growls, shoving my head down then stepping back. I place both of my hands on the ground and hang my head down. I can feel a burning sensation growing in my chest and I grit my teeth together, trying to not lose it. I thought I was using my full abilities with the Soldier, but I guess from all the years of holding back I didn't realize I've been subconsciously doing it as well. Almost like a switch I snap my head up and get back on my feet. I slowly turn around to face the Soldier and see a pleased smirk displayed on his face. I slowly walk towards him and he begins walking towards me. As soon as we meet in the middle I swing my fist towards his face and he moves to the side, but not fast enough. I graze his cheek and his smirk grows. I punch again, as I continue swinging hits at him it becomes harder for him to dodge them. Eventually I land one to his cheek and he stumbles back. The Soldier grins and stands up straight.