Chapter Five

We made to a larger than life supermarket without really having to fight any of the creatures. In our walk I came up with a new name for them aside from Walkers or plain old Zombie. I decided to call them Revives. I know what the word means but for some odd reason it just stuck to me.

We hid behind a car, quietly surveying the area. At most there were about 5 of them covering the entrance. From where we were it looked like a family was turned together. Two of them looked like parents, a mother dressed in a Sunday church outfit while the father looked like he just came from work in his tattered suit. The three smaller ones were children. They seemed easy to beat... Hopefully...

"So what's the plan?" Vance asked West. I watched as he cautiously looked around. "I'm debating whether or not we should just make a base here..." He said. "We can't..." I whispered. They both looked at me causing me to jump. "There's no way just the three of us can defend an entire supermarket by ourselves... Maybe we would be better off in like... A corner store or something." "She has a point." Vance agreed with me. "Then we'll just drive to some place safe..." West finally said. "Vance you can still hot wire without the alarm going off right?" Vance smirked with confidence. "Of course I can." He said triumphantly. I lightly laughed at his smile. West smirked. "Find us a car and get it ready. Alex and I'll go find the stuff we need." He said to him. Vance nodded his head. "Got it." Then they immediately switched weapons. "You'll be better off with the bat." West said. "Don't die." Vance laughed. "Don't single yourselves out." He said. I smiled to him as I giggled. "Princess here will be fine." West smirked. "I'll protect her." I lightly blushed as the both of us stood. "Be safe." They both said.

****

West and I both ran in a crouch position, trying not to draw attention to ourselves. "What are we getting?" I asked quietly as we peaked over the car we behind. The family of five continued to roam around the entrance. "Well," he began. "For one we need water." He said. "Bottles or gallons?" I asked. "Bottles... We each can't carry a gallon... It'll slow us down." He said as we snuck to the next car. "We need medicine too. That first aid kit you found is just going to be filled with bandages. We need pills." I nodded my head to him. "But we'll get the water together. We need to get dry food also. Granola bars, cans, dried meat... If we get anything fresh we'll just eat it tonight."

"So what are we going to do about this family?" I asked nervously. We peaked over our car and watched them as theY aimlessly wandered around. "Deal with them now. No sense fighting them if we have to run with them behind us." He said sternly. "Hit hard. Hit fast." I nodded my head to him as we ran towards them.

The parents will be the hardest to deal with. One of the kids ran up to me, snarling while her blood ran down her face. I wound my arm back as I did back in school, and rammed the wrench into the side of her mouth. Since she was lighter than the student I fought, she flew into the parking lot, luckily nowhere near Vance. I wiped the puss from my face in disgust as I continued. I made it to the doors of the supermarket and turned. "West!" I exclaimed as I looked for him. I watched as he easily dealt with the last two kids. My eyes widened as he refused to use the cricket bat. I wasn't the only one who realized that it was at its point. One of the kids looked to be about 14, nearly my height. He grabbed the Revived's head and jammed it against his knee. It fell back and twitched against the floor, saliva and black blood oozing out of it's mouth. Before he finished him off, West turned to the other, a girl probably the age of 7. He forced her down with his foot, jamming the butt of the bat into her weak skull. 'Wow...' I thought to myself in surprise. "ALEX PAY ATTENTION!!" I heard him roar. I jumped as I turned to my new issue. The parents were staggering towards me, their feet dragging, teeth blaring. "Damnit..." I hissed to myself as I slowly backed to the doors. They moaned as they reached out to me, their grown blackened nails. It looked like they were almost... Smiling. Smiling to the sheer fact that I was cornered. I stared hopelessly in the black pits where eyes should've been. Tears begged to come to my eyes as I bit my lip. "WEST!!" I roared in a panic. I shut my eyes as smelled the disgusting breath leaving their mouths. Please... I begged silently to myself.