"Great" I huffed as he threw the soaked bandage onto newspaper he'd placed on top of the coffee table.
I looked away immediately after he'd thrown it there. It made me sick to look at the blood soaked material.

I could see from the corner of my eye his eyebrows creased together.

"From now on, seeing as we have our basis of you staying here, I would advise you to rest from now on. No more running around. No more eavesdropping. Rest only. I'll have to give you some medication as your neck is beginning to look infected" He continued as he picked up a cotton bud dabbed in yellow disinfectant. He warned me, "It's going to sting" before applying it to my neck.

"Ryde, this is all his fault, he makes me sick" I spoke angrily, wincing from the dabbing.

What right did he have to inflict this kind of pain and disablement upon me?

"What's going to happen to him anyway?" I asked, worried he'd soon be let free and able to find and munch down on my blood now that he knew the freedom it gave him.

"He won't be able to get to you, so don't worry about him" Duke replied wiping blood from around my neck, tracing the wet wipe down to my collarbone.

Every time his fingers brushed against me, it sent sparks of adrenaline through me, from my neck to my feet.
I wondered if he'd felt it too.

"I'm going to warn you now. Tomorrow morning, there will be a gentleman here to test his abilities on you. He also happens to live here from time to time. His name is Grant." He continued, breaking another silence of tension.

"What is his ability?" I asked, watching Duke's hands drop from my neck and wipe them in the paper towel holding my old wrappings.

"He can erase memory" He answered watching closely for my reaction.
I'd done what I'd begged myself not to do. My eyes met his and held there, as I answered
"Oh"

He looked away from me, pulling me from the gaze he tightly held. He stood back up and took the dirty papers and wrappings from the table, dumping them into a trash bin beside his desk. He then quickly lit a match he'd pulled from nowhere, and threw it inside, engulfing the contents

"So, what happens if it does work? I won't remember any of this" I spoke again as he took a seat back beside me. He tilted my head with his finger again, causing another unwanted reaction from my body

"Is that necessarily a bad thing?" He weakly smiled as he pulled out a new bandage, this time a smaller one

I shook my head, "I guess not"

I paused before a thought popped into my head.

"Do you have any abilities?" I asked, suddenly curious if Seth or Riley had any either

"I do"

I waited for him to tell me what it was, but I figured he wasn't going to. I didn't push for the rest.

For the rest of the time he re-bandaged my neck, we sat in silence. I wasn't enjoying the awkwardness of the tension, and I felt myself quickly grow tired, fighting the urge not to sleep.

"There. Now go get some sleep" He spoke after he finished attending to my wound

I got up from the sofa, and walked towards the living room

"Thanks" I smiled
Duke smiled back towards me.
Another rare moment his tough persona shot down in flames.

I walked back to my bedroom, and noticed my suitcase was now leaned against a closet beside the small living room, empty. I narrowed my eyes and walked towards the closet, pulling the squeaky wooden doors open.
My clothes were neatly stacked and sorted in the closet. I smiled to myself.
Something told me it was Seth, seeing as the same pair of black and pink panties he'd been holding up before were placed neatly on top of the middle pile of my shirts.
It was creepy, but I couldn't help but smile.