Chapter 11

I decided to do a double update cos I can't sleep and it's like 3am. I really need to sleep, so here's the next chapter x

When I woke up, the skies were completely dark, the bus was cold and I was warm. Warmer than I thought I would be just wearing a sweatshirt. I blinked a few times, making sure I was decently awake before I straightened out my body and figured out what time it was. But just as I was about to, I realized a few things.

First off, there was half of a blue blanket on my lap. The other half of it was on Louis' lap. So the sweatshirt wasn't the only thing keeping me warm. Secondly, my thighs were flush against his, so I felt his warm body heat. Another thing keeping me warm in a cold bus. And then, there was the fact that my head was comfortably laying on his shoulder while his head was resting on my own.

My cheeks burned in embarrassment, but this time I didn't hide my blushing cheeks. I was almost positive Louis was asleep and I hadn't woken him up yet. His breathing was quiet and steady, but occasionally there was that little snore that escaped.

I sighed quietly. It was late, probably, and if I had to guess the time, it would have been around eight-thirty maybe. Still enough time to fall back asleep. So I nestled myself into the seat more and closed my eyes, falling asleep a second time.

-

The second time I woke up, lights were turned on and people were shuffling and sitting straight. Blinking a few times, I sat up straight, noticing Louis wasn't resting his head on my own anymore. I only had to glance at him to know that he was awake like everybody else on the bus.

"What happened?" I croaked, drowsiness evident in my voice.

"Oh, we're stopping in Durham," he explained, folding up the blue fleece blanket. "I know we don't switch drivers this time, but I need to get out and move around a bit."

I nodded my head. "Did you want your sweatshirt...?"

I left the sentence hanging, unsure of what his answer might be.

A grin spread on his lips. "No, Morgan. I told you, I was lending the sweatshirt to you. Wear it, okay? It's fine."

"Okay."

When the bus finally pulled to a stop, Louis had been one of the first people off the bus. Although I shouldn't have felt anything, I felt a stab of worry. Was he upset because I accidentally fell asleep on his shoulder? I didn't even know I did that and when I did, he was asleep on me. I didn't even have the heart to move and wake him up.

Biting my bottom lip, I brought out my phone and charger. I plugged it into the little outlet in front of me and opened up a new message. I quickly typed in Tammy's number before the message.

Me: Tammy, I need advice...

Tammy: What's the matter?

Me: There's this guy. I've been sitting next to him on the bus almost the entire time. And he's really cute, Tammy. Really cute. We've talked a little, here and there. We sat next to each other on the current bus, and since it was night time, it was getting pretty cold, because of course, there's AC on the bus.

Me: Anyway, he lent me his sweater since I was cold. I'm still wearing it, by the way. He uses his blanket, and I fall asleep in his sweater. I wake up sometime later with my head on his shoulder and his head resting on mine. I fall back asleep only to wake up a little bit later with my head *still* on his shoulders. Only he's awake.

Me: I try talking to him but he said he had to leave because he needed to walk around outside and stuff. Should I be worried? Or do I even have a reason to be worried?

I expected a text message from her, but when she called, I had to glance at the bus entrance to make sure Louis wasn't on the bus yet. I answered.

"I just want to know a few things. Are you attracted to him?"

Without blinking an eye, I said, "Yes."

"Do you like him?"

"I've no idea."

Tammy scoffed, almost yelling at me. "What do you mean you have no idea?"

I scowled, pulling the phone away to glare at her in irritation. "Tammy, it means I literally just met him and I don't know if I don't like him! I barely know him."

"Oh. Well, I don't think so. You might just be over-thinking things. You tend to do that now and then, Morgan."

I scrunched my nose up. "Okay. Thanks, Tammy."

"No problem," she chirped. After a moment, just when I was about to hang up, she spoke up again. "Hey, how cute is this guy?"

"Cute enough," I mumbled quietly.

"I kind of want to meet him... Do you know where he gets off?"

"Los Angeles. He's basically riding with me the whole way."

Tammy squealed, and I removed the phone from my ear until it was safe to listen again. "Oh, my God, Morgan! This is so cute. What's his name?"

"Lo-"

I cut myself off when I saw the man himself climb up the bus steps. I swore under my breath. "Shit, Tammy, I have to go."

"No, no, no, no-"

"Tammy!" I hissed. "He's on the bus right now! I have to go!"

"Oh. Okay, fine, but when you get here, I want all the details of what went down between you guys. Understand?"

"Yes, Captain Tammy. Any more orders I need to carry out?" I said, rolling my eyes as sarcasm practically dripped off my tongue.

By now Louis had already arrived and was situating himself in the seat with his cobalt blue blanket. I tried to pay no attention to him while I tried to get off the phone with my best friend.

"Oh! I heard that Louis Tomlinson is traveling-"

Without hesitating, I hung up on her and turned my phone off to let it charge. I scowled at the device, wondering how I'd been able to put up with her big mouth sometimes. Sighing, I shook my head. Tammy was my best friend after all.

I turned my phone back on to send her a message.

Me: Later Tammy. I promise.

I turned it back off, not wanting to know what her reaction to that would be.