Pains

Mikey's POV

I felt like death. I went to the cross country ryout because I knew that I needed more exercise. Two things happened: Brendon was there and I realized that I am not meant for exercise at all. Here's how it went:

"Drink lots of water!" Gerard shouted as he drove away from the school's track and soccer field.
I carried my duffle bag towards the bathrooms so I could change. When I went in Brendon was ending off a tweet. I hoped he didn't notice me, but he did. He didn't say anything, but his laughter was enough to tell me that this wasn't going to end well.
After stretching, we all lined up for the two miles (which was 8 laps on our track) that we had to run. Brendon stood next to me, still giggling to himself about his plan. My stomach churned out of nervousness and uncomfortable heat. We all took off at the whistle.

I'd made it about two and a half laps before I caught up to Brendon again. He was extremely fast. Twenty out of the fiftyish people that came were already sitting on bleachers, waiting on everyone else to get sent off or their rides to come. I heard Brendon shouting at me as soon as I almost passed him.

"You look tired. I'm surprised you even held out this long."
I rolled my eyes." Well I'm gonna take that as a compliment."
"Endurance. It can only carry you so far you know."
"By that time we'll be at water break."
He laughed and ran faster.

We got a five minute water break after lap four. I sifted through my bag and couldn't find my bottle. It was huge and was smothered in stickers from over the years. It was incredibly hard to miss. Almost at the end of our break, Brendon rolled it over to me. It was completely empty. I screamed in frustration, getting a lot of odd stares. I ran the last four laps on anger instead of endurance.

----------------

Mom gave me a massage when I got home. It was really nice. We also got smoothies, which was a rare thing. After I took a shower, I decided to talk to Patrick.

Me: Hey
Patrick: What's up?
Me: Does Brendon hate me?
Patrick: uh....
Me: DOES HE???
Patrick: Kinda...
Me: Is it because I wanna date Pete?
Patrick: Yeah, and he thinks you just wanna date him because he's pretty
Me: Well, thanks for being honest.

I threw my phone at my floor. I was frustrated. Maybe I shouldn't date Pete. Maybe Brendon is right and I do just want a pretty face. Pete and I don't have that much in common. I was getting self conscious and needed to breathe. So instead of hating myself, I read.

A.N.

Well its been a while. I'm sorry about that. Its starting to get colder and I start getting......emotional. Idk what it is but I hate it so much. Sch(ell)ool is still a thing to sadly. I did get a part out though so I won't hate myself even more yet. Yet. DFTBA ^-^