Chapter 44 Dig Up His Bones

Start from the beginning

While Alice's head was in her make up bag, I smiled back and aloud Jasper to feel what I was feeling. He smiled back and nodded his head in acknowledgement.  Before he left, he went up to his wife and pecked her on her cheek. 

As he made Alice flabbergasted he walked away and opened the door and there stood Emmett, pouting like a third grader. "You guys never invite me anywhere."

He wanted to play that game, huh? I grabbed one of the many shades of red lipstick off the table and opened it up with an evil smile, "That's okay Emmett, I can include you now." The fear in his eyes made me laugh. 

He quickly shook his head, "Nope I'm good!" With a rush he took off with me quickly on his heels. 

"It wont hurt, Emmett!" I screamed after him. This was the most fun I had in a while. "Come back here!" 

"No! Get away from me you 'she devil'!" I laughed as he stopped at the other end of the kitchen table. He may have been all muscle but man did he run when any make up was near. It was like he took lessons from Edward! Which is near impossible. 

"Emily Rose!" Alice yelled from upstairs. "I swear if you mess up your hair, I will put fire to you!" I stopped and thought about that. The pixie maybe a pixie but her threats were all real. Hmm, what was my odds? "Emmett Cullen, dont you even think about it!" Wait what? 

Before I knew it Emmett had me over his shoulders and in a flash we were out the back door. Instead of being mad at him, I let him take me as his prisoner. Emmett knows I don't like being man-handled. But he was my brother who was trying to desperately cheer me up, so who was I to go up against the bear? 

I laughed joyfully as I saw an angry Alice blurring towards us. I twisted backwards and flicked my brothers head, "Faster my noble stead! She's gaining on us!" 

"Aye, Aye captain!" Emmett picked up his feet and soon Alice was now farther away from us. 

"Emily Rose, you get back here!" I just smiled widely. These moments. These are the moments I stayed alive for. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Colton, where in the hell are you? This is the fifth time I've left a message with you and to be honest i'm starting to get worried. Look, I don't know what you're going through but please don't go through this alone when I'm by your side. Just please, please, please  . . .let me in. I'm always going to be there for you. No matter what. I just," I sighed tiredly. "I just need you to please come back." I glowered at the phone before silently hanging up. 

Even the phone mocked me as the screen saver illuminated the screen of me and Cole. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was happy. So how was it, that I could have everything one day and than simple lose it the next. How was it, that just the other day, we went for a midnight care ride, laughing with the windows down, the music playing softly in the background, with everything perfect, than today it all changed. Why? Why did it change? 

Did he not understand the love and devotion I held for him? Did he not understand that I have sacrificed it all; my life, my families, my heart. It was all for him. Why didn't he give any love back? 

Maybe because it was a new location. Yes, that had to be it. Maybe I can change for Cole. I don't know how I'll change but one way or another I can make him happy. I have too! I can't lose the one love of my life especially since I've been waiting for him for centuries. He was the one thing that I knew changed me for the better. He made me smile and laugh to the point where tears would stream down my face and now instead of joyful tears, they dripped sorrowful tears. 

It all changed.  

My shoulders slumped in defeat as I put my phone back into my pocket. A arm slowly went  around my shoulders. I jumped in surprise but soon relaxed as the southern smell of my brother flew into my nostrils. " Its just me, Emily. Come on, Alice is waiting on us."