Jumping high

• Dedicated to Chloe

hey this is my first story I will need help through out it so I don't care if you criticize me. Because I will be trying to improve other then that this story is about english riding and show jumping which is my favorite sport to do. So please help me out though out the story and I will be starting off with a slow start so how about I begin and I dedicated this to my friend Chloe cause she helped me out and is encouraging me to improve it some and check out her book called Claire as well please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to my horse Black Knight neighing loudly. Sighing from the earlier then normal wake up call from him, I get up and got dressed before heading out to feed him and my arabian mare, Black Star. "Hey you guys here is your food" I smile and watch them for a while before turning to set up jumps in the arena. I finish setting up the last jump.

They were easy small trotting jumps for Knight with him barely a six year old Anglo Arabian. Heading back to get him from his stall I hummed lightly to myself wondering how he will deal with the jumps. I clip on his lead rope and lead him to the arena where he would be trained in like always I warmed him up with the lounge line away from the jumps then I unclipped his lead rope and used his halter to lead him towards each jump.

"Ok boy that it for you" I was breathing heavily from trying to keep up with him through out the jumps. I lead him back to his stall and tied him outside of it to groom him down after I was done I put him up and went to the next stall to Black Star. I lead her out of her stall and tied her up near the tack room I groomed her down before getting the english tack out and tacking her up. I lead her to the arena, I left her on the outer area from it in the round pen while I raised up the jumps.

I lead her back to try the 4 foot jumps I lead her to the mounting block and got on her and walked her out to start her warm up. I turn her in towards the first jump we have a nice canter heading to the jump and she was focus on what we were doing she took off over the jump at a perfect time I got into the jumping position and we went right over it easily as was as the others. I walk her out to cool her, " hey there Lilly did you eat breakfast today before my lesson" I turn around in my saddle to see Chloe there "sorry Chloe but nope I was dealing with my two why don't you get your horse ready for your private lesson" I stop Black Star and got off her. I lead her back to her stall because she was untacked and groomed down I put her up then headed off to start the lesson.

"Ok Chloe warm up Arrow while I remove some jumps and lower the others" I walk over to the jumps removing five out of the ten then lowered the rest to a foot and eight inches. "Alright Chloe canter over the jumps ending with the oxer which is a inch higher then the others encourage him into that jump okay" she nods her head nervously and cantered towards the first jump.They jump over the first one a little early but they timed perfectly on the others they start to approach the oxer jump. "Start encouraging him Chloe" she pushes him on and they jump the jump with little hesitation.

She smiles as she cools off Arrow "ok come to the middle Chloe" I walk to the middle and watch her ride over and stops right in front of me. "You were really good I like the last jump the best I might be raising the jumps up to that hight" I smile looking at my only student who was improving greatly. I walk to the gate and open it then let Chloe and arrow though it then I shut the gate and fallow her back to the stable"Lilly do you think that by the end of the summer I would be jumping like I use to" I look at her "maybe you will be jumping two foot and three inches Chloe" she sighed slightly in relief. "How high do you jump Lilly?" she asked while grooming arrow down " I jump about five to six feet right now but I am slowly raising it"I answered look at Knight thinking * he will be a great jumper I hope we get to jump the highest jump that they give* I smile at the thought of us jumping in perfect union.

"Lilly are you day dreaming again" I snap out of my thoughts " guess so Chloe" I lightly laugh she shakes her head. "So how is Knight's trainig going" Chloe looks up towards me " its going fine I started teaching him how to jump and thats interesting" we both laugh at that. We then heard a car horn and look up to noticed Chloe's mom waiting " bye Lilly" she got up and ran over to her mom's car I waved a goodbye then got up to put horses out in the pasture. I watch Black Star graze in the pasture then head over to Knight's stall leading him out and groom him down. I head into the tack room and pick up the new saddle I got him and his blanket I put the blanket on his back then the saddle I then tighten the girth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry bout that if it's need more work tell me this is the first part of it.