Neighbors and New Songs

*Maybelline's POV*

I tried to find my way out of the airport, and was met by a wall of people. I tried to weave my way through, and was rewarded with a elbow to the eye, and a guitar hit to the gut.

I gasped for air and muttered "well this is going well." Then I happened to notice an older looking man with salt and pepper hair standing on a chair brandishing a sign that read "Maybelline Perry?"

I confusedly made my way toward him, and he looked down at me with kind eyes and asked "Are you Maybelline by chance?"

I nodded shyly and he smiled and gingerly hopped off the chair and explained "Mr.Borchetta thought that you'd like a ride to your apartment after your flight. Jimmy Scott at your service."

I nodded gratefully, and shook his outstretched hand. He took my bags out of my hands and expertly lead me through the sea of people without a hitch. within 5 minutes he was placing my bags into the trunk of a shiny black limo.

I felt my jaw drop and I exclaimed "He sent a limo?!"

Jimmy chuckled and said "Mr. Borchetta only sends the best! I must say, he seems very excited to hear you play live at the meeting tomorrow."

I smiled in response, and he opened the door to the limo, and once he was satisfied I was comfortable, he rushed to the front seat, and started the monstrous limo.

The ride was a lot shorter than I would have thought it would be, and all too soon the limo was stopped outside an imposing apartment building that looked like it must be for superstars.

I felt my eyes widen, but I tried to hide my shock when Jimmy reappeared with my luggage, and he set them down on the curb to open the door for me again.

He handed me a brochure that had my apartment number and key in it.

I smiled and said "Thanks for everything."

Jimmy smiled and said "Anytime Ms, Perry, and good luck tomorrow, I'm pulling for you!"

I grinned, and shook the friendly man's hand. I waved as the limo disappeared down the street, and grabbed my bags and entered the posh apartment building.

The lobby was bigger than my entire house in Wisconsin, and there was a fountain that looked to be made of crystal.

A smiling middle aged woman with dark red hair in a pant suit walked up and asked me "Would you like some help bringing your luggage to your room?"

I nodded, and she waved two teenage boys in blue polos to take my luggage. She glanced at the brochure Jimmy had given me, and instructed them to take the luggage to apartment 14 on the top floor. They nodded and immediately grabbed my bags and headed toward the elevator.

I yawned as The smiling woman, who I learned was named Mrs Jones, and was the chief manager in client relations, rounded the last corner on our long tour of the building. They had everything here! Basketball courts, Tennis courts, pools, you name it!

Finally Mrs.Jones stopped in front of a bright red door with an elegant 14 painted on it.

She smiled and said "Well here you are Ms.Perry! It was so nice to meet you, and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask!"

I smiled and shook her hand and said "It was nice to meet you as well! Thanks for all of your help!"

Mrs. Jones smiled and waved as she walked away.

I unlocked the door and I into my new home. If I wasn't so tired and homesick, I probably would have been impressed by the expensive leather couch, the plush carpet, and the state of the art kitchen.