Chapter 3

Kendra looks at me in a 'Bitch, what is happening?' face.

Xander is sitting quietly and drinking soda while raising his eyebrows at me.

Sam is sitting next to me in an uneasy way. She's eating her sandwich while keeping an eye on them.

And by them, I mean Phoebe and her group. At our table. Eating with us. Because I invited them. More like forced them but oh well, friends are friends.

"So, Vanessa and Hailey, you guys are a couple right?" I asked, wanting to thin down the awkward tension around us. Vanessa nods her head happily while Hailey smiles, "Going steady since last year." She said and looks at Vanessa gently.

I nod my head, making the awkwardness comes back. I can sense Kendra staring at me deep through my skull. I slowly look at my sister through my eyelashes and saw her glaring at me.

"I want to go to the bathroom. Does anybody want to follow me?" Kendra said, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Ooh! I'll go with you! I need to pee. Come on, Hailey!" Vanessa (oblivious to the situation) said then pulls her girlfriend and Kendra by their elbow. Xander sighs and follow them out of the Dining Hall.

"Sooo, seems like we're the only ones left." I said then chuckle. Sam nods her head and just stare at her food while Phoebe is smiling at me.

"So, Phoebe. How are you?" I asked, smiling nicely at her.

Phoebe hesitate for a while, "I'm fi-"

"Same old. She bullies people, threathen the teachers, vandalize the school, embarrass the principal. You know? Same old." Sam said, making sure I heard every word she said.

"Oh, come on! That was years ago. I don't do that anymore!" Phoebe defends. Sam furrows her eyebrows, showing that she's angry.

"Oh yeah? Then, what about that new kid you just bea-"

"Can you stop saying bad things about me?! I told you, I. Don't. Do. That. Anymore!!" Phoebe said, raising her voice each words.

Sam stood up from her table, "It is my job to say bad things about you! You made everyone here suffers!" Sam shook her head slowly, "How can you and your filthy self be here?"

Everyone stops what they were doing and watch them. Phoebe slams the table and stands in front of Sam intimidately.

"You should be asking that to yourself." Phoebe said, smirking. Sam growls and punches Phoebe in the face.

"Sam! STOP!!" I pushed Sam away from Phoebe, while she's on the floor holding her bleeding nose and busted lips. "WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!!"

"Kendall, don't you remember what she did to you?" Sam said, pointing to Phoebe. "She made you suffered from bullying."

"That was years ago, Sam. She's different now." I said then turn to Phoebe. "Come on, I'll clean your wound." I put my hand out to support her from falling.

Phoebe nods her head and took my hand.

"And as for you, Sam. I want you to think of what you have done." I said to Sam in disappointment. She looks at me with regrets in her eyes. "Let's go, Phoebe."

-

"I'm so sorry about Sam. I don't know what's in her that time." I said while dabbing a wet towel on her busted lips.

Phoebe smiles, "Probably Satan." I chuckled.

"It's fine though, we always fight. So, it's kind of normal to us." She said, trying hard not to wince. I gently hold her face and slowly dabbing the wet towel on her lips. Her pink lips with a tinge of red because of blood.