Drarry (Draco and Harry)

Draco hated going home for the holidays. Especially after the Dark Lord came back. His dad would leave for days or even weeks at a time. His mother and him would hide in a room together.Narcissa would call this their bonding time. Just after Christmas time, Draco and Lucius had to do a job. While they wer're gone Someone had broken into the room and raped her while she slept. They got back and found her in St. Mungo's. For the next week she stayed with the healers until the Dark Lord forced her come back home. During that week Draco barely left her side. He was talking to her one night hoping that she would answer. "It's all going to be okay. I know it is. Harry's going to save us. I love him, mom. We're all going to make it." That was the first and last time he had ever uttered those words and he had never gotten any response from his mother that she had heard him. Later that year in the forest, Narcissa knew that if Harry had died her son would also. She had to know if it was worth lying to save her family.

~~~~~~~

Draco wandered the halls thinking to himself. Once again his thoughts travelled to Potter. Perfect, happy, saint, loved by everyone Potter. There was no way that he could be the heir to Slytherin. Him, the ginger, and the mudblood acting like they were the rulers of the school. Only because that fool Dumbledore was too soft to do anything. He hit something and fell. Scratch that, someone. 

“Watch where you’re going.” He said angrily, looking up to see the reason for his thoughts. “Potter? What the hell are you doing?” He asked, accusingly.

“Nothing. Just shove off, Malfoy.” Harry replied, quietly. He shoved past Malfoy and continued on his way. Draco stood there as what just happened took effect. He ran into Potter and no insults were taken or given. And not only that but Potter seemed upset.

“Potter? Hey Potter, wait up!” Malfoy began running in the direction Harry went.

“No offense Malfoy, but I really don’t feel like fighting.” Harry said tiredly.

“Potter, umm, I-Is erverything okay?” Malfoy asked.

Harry tired of the whispers and the attacks finally gave in. “No, Malfoy. Everything is not bloody okay. The entire school thinks I’m attacking muggleborns, even though Hermione was attacked. I’ve got eyes and whispers following me everywhere. My own house doesn’t trust me, and top of that I can’t do anything. I mean, I’m twelve years old for Merlin’s sake. How the hell am I supposed to defeat this monster or whatever the eff it is.” Harry finally getting his rant off his chest, turned towards his enemy.

Draco looked in silence, “I never thought you were the heir.” He said after realizing Harry was done.

“Thanks that means a lot. Too bad you can’t convince the entire school of that.” He said sarcastically.

“You don’t need to convince the entire school. Just those you care about.” Malfoy said. 

He looked at him in shocked silence, “Since when did you get so philosophical, Malfoy?” He retorted. 

“Since the entire wizarding world says that I should hate Gryffindors, when in fact, I am in love with one.” Malfoy said matter of factly. He blinked, surprised that he admitted it. 

Harry looked surprised also. He saw the regret on Malfoy’s face. He also saw that Malfoy was scared that he was going to tell someone. “I’ll make you a deal.” He said. “I’ll tell you something embarrassing about me. I won’t tell what you just said and you won’t tell what I’m going to say. If one of us does tell that gives the other free reign to tell. Deal?”

“Why? Why would you do that?”

“Cause, by the way things are going in my life I doubt that I’ll live past 15.”