1.

Kaneki Ken wouldn't leave the book he would start reading until he finished it.
No matter how much Hide tried to convince him to play with him or go out with him, he would gently decline with a smile and excuse himself to his small and dark studio room.
The sun rays weren't that bright, but Kaneki would help himself on the bed and sit in a position where the rays would perfectly light up his pages.
Sometimes he would be stuck in the room for days and weeks without going out but that didn't matter Kaneki. He was the type who wouldn't care a penny about the world as long as he would have his favourite book beside him.
Hide would sometimes get worried and would often bring Kaneki something to eat. Maybe a piece of cake with coffee or sometimes-depending on hide's mood- meat sandwiches.
On cold, dark winter days Kaneki and Hide would grab a cup of hot chocolate and sit opposite each other.
Kaneki would always tell him that one day he would be a great writer and would write the best novel ever and Hide would always discourage him. But by the end of the night he would wish Kaneki "good luck" and switch off the lights.

In a blink of an eye, months and years ran past Kaneki and Hide like a bullet train.
Kaneki, as he would always say, became a great writer. People love his books, people loved him.
Hide, on the other hand was working in a company. His salary was average, and every month -as soon as he got his salary- Hide would treat Kaneki to his favorite food.
Kaneki would sometimes decline due to his busy and right schedules, which would make Hide angry and sad at once but he would always consider Kaneki's work first before his.

On busy days Kaneki would directly come home and sleep without saying a word to Hide.

Sometimes Hide would leave a cup of hot coffee on Kaneki's bedside table and would hope he would atleast thank him, but Kaneki wouldn't glance at his surroundings and would just fall asleep.

The day when Hide didn't go to work because he was sick, he lost his job.
That day he thought when he went home Kaneki would be there to comfort him, but that day Kaneki went to his book signing event and came home late.

Hide let out a sigh. Not because he lost his job but because Kaneki wasn't home.
He went to his room and cuddled himself on the bed. Maybe he shed a tear or maybe he kept all those feelings locked in his heart.

A few days passed and Kaneki noticed that Hide wasn't coming home.
He tried to call Hide but he wouldn't pick up.
A thought crossed his mind that maybe Hide might be too busy.
The house felt lonely but Kaneki wanted that loneliness to write his next novel.

Kaneki's editor visited his house for a simple dinner.
While they were eating, his editor smelt something weird. Something which was a similar smell to rotten eggs and dead rats.

But he didn't say anything, he ate his dinner quietly and left after Kaneki and he edited his novel.

The sun shone brightly in Kaneki Ken's room for the first time if he remembers the sun even being so bright ever.

The breezy weather made Kaneki want to take a break from his writing and go out for a walk with Hide.

He tried calling him. No answer.
One more time. No answer.

A sigh escaped his lips, this time not because he couldn't write his novel but because Hide wasn't there.

Kaneki prepared coffee and sandwich for Hide incase he comes home while he is gone outside for a leisure walk and left.

The walk felt pretty normal but Kaneki knew something was missing. Somewhere in his heart he knew what that something was. Hide.

He thought about the days he neglected him.
The days he wouldn't say goodnight to him.
The days he wouldn't ask him how he was doing.
A regret swirled up inside of him like a tornado, leaving him to hate himself.