Prologue

She was staring out into the night, trying to erase the pain of yesterday. She knew she's missing him, and this is not the first time she felt this kind of longing. For her, it happens every single day. For the last five years, she hadn't heard from him. Tears came rolling down her cheeks, warm salty tears. She hugged herself, knowing she would never find him. She won't be seeing him again. Allysa had nothing left to remind her of him but the memory of his face, and the conversation they had before she let him slip away. "It was March", she whispered to herself, "It's been years, Skiddy, and I'm still like this. I'm a complete mess. I just couldn't move forward." She walked inside her room, turned off the lights and cried herself to sleep, though she knew she won't be able to sleep, not tonight. She knew nothing could suffice for her longing for him, not even reliving their memories, because those memories, they hurt her the most.

She was still in college when she met him. They haven't literally met, but during those times it was possible to meet people who were miles away. Computers became rampant and the world seemed to be moving in a fast and steady pace towards advancements, scientifically that is. Yes, she met him online and she believed that she fell for him. He was special, and between his words he made her feel that she is too. They have been exchanging messages on a regular basis, and feelings grew stronger as days went by. Allysa was happy with that kind of setting, there was comfort in his words and he made her feel at home. Until that day came that she lost him. She hadn't noticed that at first, days seemed to pass by so fast and she became busier than bees in a hive. She graduated; her dreams were starting to be closer with each step she took. She then passed the Licensure Examination for nurses, and she was exuberant to start her career as a professional. She busied herself with work, and felt happy in doing so. But something aroused that drained her very being, she needed help, and she thought of him, she sought for him, but he was gone. There's no way she could ever bring him back. To that, she grieved.

She recalled the day when she told someone her part of the story. "You're creepy!" Chloe, her cousin exclaimed. "Why would you do stalker-ish stuffs? I'm guessing you've asked everyone in Australia for that-guy-who-doesn't-want-to-be-found. You should know better!" She remembered how embarrassed she was during that moment, but it was the truth. Someone has to know. She couldn't keep it all to herself, it was too much for her to take.

She sat up on bed, she felt almost out of air from her sobbing. She stood up and walked towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. She took a gulp, the clear cool liquid clearing her throat.

*********